Even with a couple of virus-related cancellations, the Wednesday NBA betting slate still features ten games. ESPN features the national televised games tonight, and the late game sets up to be an intriguing matchup between non-conference opponents. This will be the first time that the Miami Heat and Golden State Warriors have played this season and the NBA odds for this game are projecting a close one.
Check out our Week 9 fantasy basketball start/sit for tons of lineup advice!
Heat vs Warriors Game Info
Miami Heat (11-16, 4-9 Away) at Golden State Warriors (15-13, 10-6 Home)
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2021
Venue: Chase Center — San Francisco, CA
Start Time: 10 p.m. EST
Heat vs Warriors NBA Betting Odds
Odds courtesy of Bovada Sportsbook
Moneyline: MIA: (+100) | GSW: (-120)
Spread: MIA: +1.5 (-110) | GSW: -1.5 (-110)
Total: 223 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Heat vs Warriors NBA Betting Overview
Things seemed to be turning around for the Heat after a slow start to the NBA betting season. As Miami got healthier from early-season injuries and virus absences, the defending Eastern Conference champions were able to string together a four-game winning streak. The Heat then ran into the buzz saw that is the Utah Jazz and suffered a discouraging setback to the shorthanded Los Angeles Clippers in their last outing as well. Jimmy Butler was magnificent even in that defeat, posting a 30-point, 10-rebound, 10-assist triple-double line. This was just the latest in what has been a stellar month of February for the Heat star. Point guard Goran Dragic remains out for tonight’s game, but big man Bam Adebayo figures to have a positive matchup against the depleted Warriors frontcourt.
Heat Injury Report
- Out: Goran Dragic (ankle), Avery Bradley (calf), Meyers Leonard (shoulder)
- Probable: Gabe Vincent (knee)
- Questionable: Chris Silva (hip)
Speaking of star performances, Stephen Curry has been a nightly sensation for the Warriors this season. He is coming off a 36-point effort in a beatdown win over the Cleveland Cavaliers in Golden State’s last game. The Warriors as a team have won three of their last four games and currently sit in eighth place in the loaded Western Conference standings. As mentioned above, the Warriors are dealing with several injuries in their frontcourt. Centers James Wiseman and Kevon Looney have both been ruled out for tonight’s NBA betting showcase with wrist and ankle injuries, respectively. Draymond Green also sustained a minor knee injury in Golden State’s loss to the Brooklyn Nets over the weekend. This did not seem to impact him in Monday’s win in which he played 32 minutes. His stat sheet-stuffing performance was highlighted by a whopping 16 assists.
Warriors Injury Report
- Out: James Wiseman (wrist), Kevon Looney (ankle), Marquese Chriss (leg), Klay Thompson (Achilles)
Heat vs Warriors NBA Betting Trends
- Heat 2020-21 Betting Trends: 9-17-1 ATS; 12-15 to the Over
- Warriors 2020-21 Betting Trends: 14-14 ATS; 12-16 to the Over
- The Heat are just 2-8 SU (4-6 ATS) as an underdog this season.
- The Warriors are just 2-5 ATS in their last seven games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- Under the total has hit in five of the Heat’s last seven games.
- The total has gone Under in four of the Warriors’ last five home games.
Heat vs Warriors Statistics
- Miami is averaging 106.6 points per game (PPG) this season (No. 27 in the NBA)
- Miami is surrendering 110.1 PPG on the season (No. 7 in the NBA)
- Golden State is averaging 114.5 PPG this season (Tied for No. 8 in the NBA)
- Golden State is surrendering 112.9 PPG (No. 18 in the NBA)
Heat vs Warriors Prop Bet
Draymond Green Over 6.5 Total Rebounds (+102 at Bovada Sportsbook)
With the Warriors big men ailing, it’s vital that Draymond Green assert himself as a force on the glass in tonight’s NBA betting matchup. While that is easier said than done considering Bam Adebayo is across the way, Green has been playing terrific basketball of late. He has eclipsed the NBA props line of 6.5 boards in four of the last five games. Look for him to have another impactful night rebounding the basketball. Plus money odds make this NBA picks play all the more inviting.