This UFC betting preview for Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan 2 will share the odds, picks, prediction, stats and stream for how to watch UFC 273 tonight.
Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan 2 Preview | UFC 273
UFC 273 — Bantamweight Title Bout | Match 2
Aljamain “Funk Master” Sterling (20-3-0, 2 KO, 8 Sub) vs. Petr “No Mercy” Yan (16-2-0, 7 KO, 1 Sub)
Date: Saturday, April 9, 2022
Fight Time: This will be the fourth fight on the main card, which begins at 10 p.m. EST.
Venue: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena — Jacksonville, FL
We saw Aljamain Sterling and Petr Yan face off for the Bantamweight Title a little over a year ago. While Sterling started fast, his pace slowed down throughout the fight. Yan fought as he usually does; calculated and patient early only to let his hands go as the fight progressed.
As Round 4 went on, it was clear Yan was in control of the fight. However, an illegal knee from him led to a disqualification, giving Sterling the title.
We haven’t seen Sterling fight since then, while Yan had an impressive win against Corey Sandhagen. There’s no reason to believe the sequel goes much differently, other than the DQ.
Expect to see this fight go into the championship rounds. If Sterling gets sloppy again, Yan should make him pay in a legal way.
How to Watch UFC 273 Tonight
If you are wondering how to watch UFC 273, it’s easy! The UFC 273 prelims and early prelims will be available to watch for free via ESPN+. Anyone who has an ESPN+ account is already good to go. If you do not have an ESPN+ account, you can click here to get it! Either purchase an ESPN+ account ($6.99) or buy the full Disney+ bundle ($13.99), which includes Disney+ and Hulu — a worthwhile investment.
The packed main card will be available via PPV here. With two title fights, there’s no doubt that UFC 273 is a must-watch event on Saturday night.
Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan 2 Odds & Betting Info
Method of Victory:
- KO/TKO, DQ or Sub: (+850)
- Decision: (+550)
- KO/TKO, DQ or Sub: (+135)
- Decision: (+110)
- Sterling Round 1 (+2000)
- Yan Round 1 (+450)
- Sterling Round 2 (+2800)
- Yan Round 2 (+650)
- Sterling Round 3 (+3300)
- Yan Round 3 (+1000)
- Sterling Round 4 (+3300)
- Yan Round 4 (+1500)
- Sterling Round 5 (+3300)
- Yan Round 5 (+2100)
- Sterling By Points (+550)
- Yan By Points (+110)
CLICK HERE for more UFC betting props
|Aljamain Sterling||NAME||Petr Yan|
|134.5 lbs||WEIGHT||135 lbs|
|71 in||REACH||67 in|
|39 in||LEG REACH||38 in|
|11%||KO WIN %||47%|
|42%||SUB WIN %||7%|
|47%||DEC WIN %||47%|
Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan Betting Trends & Stats
– Aljamain Sterling defeated Kamaru Usman, by unanimous decision, in his last fight on Nov. 6, 2021.
– Petr Yan defeated Kamaru Usman, by knockout, in his last fight on April 24, 2021.
– Sterling averages 4.84 significant strikes landed per minute with a 49% accuracy rate.
– Yan averages 5.98 significant strikes landed per minute with a 52% accuracy rate.
– Sterling averages 2.20 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 63% defense rate.
– Yan averages 4.14 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 62% defense rate.
– Sterling averages 1.77 takedowns per 15 minutes.
– Yan has an 89% takedown defense rate.
Stats via UFC.com
Aljamain Sterling vs Petr Yan Prediction
UFC 273 Sterling-Yan prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Petr Yan (92%)
Method of Victory: KO/TKO (72%)