In a First Round NCAA Tournament game, the 7-seed USC Trojans will face off with the 10-seed Miami Hurricanes in the Midwest Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, bracketology, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our USC vs Miami prediction for the game today.
USC vs Miami | NCAA Tournament Bracketology
2022 NCAA Tournament
No. 7 USC Trojans (26-7) vs. No. 10 Miami Hurricanes (23-10)
Date: Friday, March 18, 2022
Time: 3:10 PM EST
Venue: Bon Secours Wellness Arena — Greenville, SC
Bet $10 to Win $200 at BetMGM
BetMGM is back at it again trying to bankrupt themselves! Of course, we hope they survive, but we’re still going to take their money.
Bet $10 on March Madness and, if a team hits a three-pointer, you automatically win $200! In other words, free $200 for new users! Simply CLICK THIS LINK or the image below, sign up, deposit, and steal money from BetMGM for March Madness!
USC vs Miami College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: USC: (N/A) | MIA: (N/A)
Point Spread: USC: -1.5 (-110) | MIA: +1.5 (-110)
Total: 139.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Best NCAA Tournament Sportsbook Offers & Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
|USC||No. 42||110.5 (No. 46)||96.0 (No. 49)||66.0 (No. 237)|
|Miami||No. 60||114.7 (No. 17)||102.1 (No. 155)||67.3 (No. 160)|
USC vs Miami College Basketball Betting Trends
- Trojans are 0-8 ATS in their last eight games as a favorite.
- Trojans are 7-1 ATS in their last eight NCAA Tournament games.
- Each of the Trojans’ last six neutral site games has gone UNDER the total.
- Hurricanes are 7-1 ATS in their last eight games following a straight up loss.
- The total has gone OVER in each of the Hurricanes’ last five games following a straight up loss.
- The OVER is 7-1 in the Hurricanes’ last eight neutral site games as an underdog.
USC vs Miami Prediction | March Madness Picks and Bracketology
From a size standpoint, USC has more of it than virtually every other team in this year’s NCAA Tournament field. Look no further than the fact that the 6’9” Drew Peterson operates as the team’s primary point guard for proof. Down low, Isaiah Mobley and Chevez Goodwin are two highly-skilled and experienced big men. Needless to say, Miami likely won’t find much room to operate close to the basket offensively.
From a statistical standpoint, USC ranked 49th in adjusted defensive efficiency this season according to KenPom. The Trojans are also never in a hurry to push the pace. An average of only 66.0 possessions per 40 minutes ranked 237th in Division I. It’s also worth pointing out that the Hurricanes only ranked 167th themselves in adjusted tempo.
Given the opinion that USC is the superior team in this matchup, bettors should largely expect the Trojans to dictate the terms and pace of play. This automatically correlates to the under, and the betting market has hammered that side of the total early on. In fact, this line opened all the way up at 145. Some sportsbooks have already lowered the total to an even 139. The best of the number may have already been gobbled up, but the window to buy remains open.
Our college basketball betting USC vs Miami prediction tonight will be UNDER 139.5 at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives USC a 52.9% chance to win.