The ALDS Game 2 matchup featuring the Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston Red Sox flipped many of the MLB betting trends we expected to see. Can the Red Sox take a commanding 2-1 series lead now that they have stolen home-field advantage?
This MLB betting preview for Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston Red Sox ALDS Game 3 includes game info, projected starting pitchers, betting odds, trends and a prediction for this series-opening matchup.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston Red Sox Betting Preview and Prediction | MLB Playoffs Game 3
ALDS Game 3 (Series tied 1-1)
Tampa Bay Rays (100-62, 48-33 Away) vs. Boston Red Sox (92-70, 46-35 Home)
Date: Sunday, Oct. 10, 2021
Time: 4 p.m. EST
Venue: Fenway Park — Boston, MA
Rays vs Red Sox Starting Pitchers
Rays: Drew Rasmussen (4-0, 2.44 ERA)
Red Sox: Nathan Eovaldi (11-9, 3.75 ERA
Rays vs Red Sox MLB Betting Odds
Moneyline: TB: (-105) | BOS: (-115)
Run Line: TB: -1.5 (+150) | BOS: +1.5 (-185)
Total: 8.5 — Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Public (Spread) Betting via Action Network: TB: (72%) | BOS: (28%)
Rays vs Red Sox MLB Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in seven of Tampa Bay’s last nine games.
- Tampa Bay is 8-4 SU in their last 12 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in five of Tampa Bay’s last six games on the road.
- Boston is 7-3 SU in their last 10 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in eight of Boston’s last 11 games.
- Boston are 5-1 SU in their last six games.
Signup for BetMGM Sportsbook today for a risk-free bet up to $1,000!
Rays vs Red Sox Stats
- Tampa Bay is averaging 5.29 runs per game (RPG) this season (No. 2 in the MLB).
- Tampa Bay is surrendering 4.05 RPG this season (No. 6 in the MLB).
- Boston is averaging 5.15 RPG this season (No. 4 in the MLB).
- Boston is surrendering 4.62 RPG this season (No. 18 in the MLB).
Rays vs Red Sox Weather Report
Status: Partly Cloudy
Wind: 9 MPH (blowing east)
Rays vs Red Sox Prediction
The Rays vs Red Sox MLB betting prediction uses NumberFire’s probability model. They give Boston a 52.4% chance to win Game 3 of this ALDS matchup.