In a March Madness Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament game, the 10-seed Miami Hurricanes will face off with the 11-seed Iowa State Cyclones in the Midwest Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, bracketology, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our Miami vs Iowa State prediction for the game today.
Miami vs Iowa State | March Madness Sweet 16
2022 NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
No. 10 Miami Hurricanes (25-10) vs. No. 11 Iowa State Cyclones (22-12)
Date: Friday, March 19, 2022
Time: 9:59 PM EST
Venue: United Center — Chicago, IL
Bet $10 to Win $200 at BetMGM
BetMGM is back at it again trying to bankrupt themselves! Of course, we hope they survive, but we’re still going to take their money.
Bet $10 on March Madness and, if a team hits a three-pointer, you automatically win $200! In other words, free $200 for new users! Simply CLICK THIS LINK or the image below, sign up, deposit, and steal money from BetMGM for March Madness!
Miami vs Iowa State College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: MIA: (-145) | ISU: (+125)
Point Spread: MIA: -2.5 (-110) | ISU: -2.5 (-110)
Total: 133 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Best NCAA Tournament Sportsbook Offers & Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
Miami vs Iowa State College Basketball Betting Trends
- Hurricanes are 0-5 ATS in their last five NCAA Tournament games as a favorite.
- The total has gone OVER in each of the Hurricanes’ last four games as a favorite.
- The OVER is 5-0 in the Hurricanes’ last five neutral site games as a favorite.
- Cyclones are 5-1 ATS in their last six games as an underdog.
- Each of the Cyclones last four neutral site games has gone UNDER the total.
- The total has gone UNDER in seven of the Cyclones’ last eight games against teams with a winning percentage above .600.
Miami vs Iowa State Prediction | March Madness Sweet 16 Picks
The key difference between Iowa State and Miami is their respective strong suits. For ISU, defense is the name of the game. One need not look further than the Cyclones’ two March Madness games last weekend for proof of this. According to KenPom, ISU ranks fifth in the country in adjusted defensive efficiency. Although Miami ranks outside of the top-100 in adjusted defense, the Hurricanes make up for it with their play on the offensive end.
Another key facet of the game in which the Hurricanes thrived last week is the turnover battle. Miami only turned the ball over seven times in both the First and Second Rounds of the tournament combined! The backcourt is anchored by seniors Kameron McGusty and Charlie Moore. Experienced guard play figures to serve Miami well, especially in a matchup against a savvy Iowa State defense.
The other key factor working against Iowa State is their lack of offensive versatility. The Cyclones benefitted from Tyrese Hunter getting hot from deep in their game against LSU. In the Second Round against Wisconsin, it was Gabe Kalscheur’s turn to go off. On the season, however, Hunter and leading scorer Izaiah Brockington are the only ISU players averaging in double figures.
Expecting to hold teams to 55 points in the latter stages of the NCAA Tournament is not an ideal plan. Iowa State will be hard-pressed to keep pace and cover such a short spread if Miami’s offense holds its own.
Our college basketball betting Miami vs Iowa State prediction tonight will be Miami -2.5 at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Iowa State a 54.6% chance to win.