One of the greatest rivalries in baseball collides in a winner-take-all playoff game. The Dodgers vs Giants matchup is set to decide who advances to the NCLS, and it is important to understand the MLB betting trends from the series so far. The Giants worked hard all season to have home-field advantage in a scenario like the one they face in Game 5.
This MLB betting preview for Dodgers vs Giants NLDS Game 5 includes game info, projected starting pitchers, betting odds, trends and a prediction for this series-opening matchup.
Dodgers vs Giants Betting Preview and Prediction | MLB Playoffs Game 5
NLDS Game 5 (Series tied 2-2)
Los Angeles Dodgers (106-56, 48-33 Away) vs. San Fransisco (107-55, 54-27 Home)
Date: Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021
Time: 9 p.m. EST
Venue: Oracle Park — San Francisco, CA
Dodgers vs Giants Starting Pitchers
Dodgers: Julio Urias (20-3 Record, 2.96 ERA)
Giants: Logan Webb (11-3 Record, 3.03 ERA)
Dodgers vs Giants MLB Betting Odds
Moneyline: LAD: (-110) | SF: (-110)
Run Line: LAD: -1.5 (+165) | SF: +1.5 (-200)
Total: 7.0 — Over: (+100) | Under: (-120)
Public (Spread) Betting via Action Network: LAD: (56%) | SF: (44%)
Dodgers vs Giants MLB Betting Trends
- LA Dodgers are 4-8 SU in their last 12 games against San Francisco.
- LA Dodgers are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games on the road.
- San Francisco are 10-3 SU in their last 13 games.
- San Francisco are 6-2 SU in their last eight games at home.
Signup for BetMGM Sportsbook today for a risk-free bet up to $1,000!
Dodgers vs Giants Stats
- Los Angeles Dodgers is averaging 5.08 runs per game (RPG) this season (No. 5 in the MLB).
- Los Angeles is surrendering 3.42 RPG this season (No. 1 in the MLB).
- San Fransisco is averaging 4.90 RPG this season (No. 7 in the MLB).
- San Fransisco is surrendering 3.67 RPG this season (No. 2 in the MLB).
Dodgers vs Giants Weather Report
Wind: 10 MPH (blowing west)
Dodgers vs Giants Prediction
The Dodgers vs Giants MLB betting prediction uses NumberFire’s probability model. They give San Fransisco a 56.5% chance to win Game 5 of this NLDS matchup.