This UFC betting preview for Derrick Lewis vs Tai Tuivasa will share the odds, picks, prediction, stats and stream for how to watch UFC 271 tonight.
Derrick Lewis vs Tai Tuivasa Preview | UFC 271
UFC 271 — Heavyweight Bout | Match 2
Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis (26-8-0, 21 KO, 1 Sub) vs. Tai “Bam Bam” Tuivasa (14-3-0, 13 KO, 0 Sub)
Date: Saturday, Feb. 12, 2022
Fight Time: This will be the fourth fight on the main card, which begins at 10 p.m. EST.
Venue: Toyota Center — Houston, TX
This is a fight between two fan-favorites in the UFC. Derrick Lewis vs Tai Tuivasa is going to draw a lot of excitement, especially with Lewis fighting in his hometown of Houston. Don’t expect this fight to go the distance.
Lewis has the most knockouts in UFC history. However, Tuivasa has been knocked out only once, which was against Junior Dos Santos back in 2018. Tuivasa has seemingly figured it out, as he has risen the ranks after four straight knockout victories.
With the length and seemingly the power advantage, Lewis should be considered to end this fight within two rounds. However, we saw him crumble in his last fight in front of a Houston crowd. Will the pressure be too much?
How to Watch UFC 271 Tonight
If you are wondering how to watch UFC 271, it’s easy! The UFC 271 prelims and early prelims will be available to watch for free via ESPN+. Anyone who has an ESPN+ account is already good to go. If you do not have an ESPN+ account, you can click here to get it! Either purchase an ESPN+ account ($6.99) or buy the full Disney+ bundle ($13.99), which includes Disney+ and Hulu — a worthwhile investment.
The packed main card will be available via PPV here. With a title bout and an exciting heavyweight fight to end the evening, there’s no doubt that UFC 271 is a must-watch event on Saturday night.
Derrick Lewis vs Tai Tuivasa Odds & Betting Info
Method of Victory:
- KO/TKO, DQ or Sub: (-140)
- Decision: (+675)
- KO/TKO, DQ or Sub: (+225)
- Decision: (+500)
Method of Victory:
- Lewis Round 1 (+160)
- Tuivasa Round 1 (+450)
- Lewis Round 2 (+500)
- Tuivasa Round 2 (+1000)
- Lewis Round 3 (+1400)
- Tuivasa Round 3 (+2500)
- Lewis By Points (+675)
- Tuivasa By Points (+500)
CLICK HERE for more UFC betting props
|Derrick Lewis||NAME||Tai Tuivasa|
|280 lbs||WEIGHT||275.6 lbs|
|79 in||REACH||75 in|
|43.5 in||LEG REACH||39.5 in|
|81%||KO WIN %||93%|
|4%||SUB WIN %||0%|
|15%||DEC WIN %||7%|
Derrick Lewis vs Tai Tuivasa Betting Trends & Stats
– Derrick Lewis defeated Chris Daukaus, by TKO, in his last fight on Dec. 18, 2021.
– Tai Tuivasa defeated Augusto Sakai, by TKO, in his last fight on Dec. 11, 2021.
– Lewis averages 2.52 significant strikes landed per minute with a 50% accuracy rate.
– Tuivasa averages 4.63 significant strikes landed per minute with a 52% accuracy rate.
– Lewis averages 2.48 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 41% defense rate.
– Tuivasa averages 3.51 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 49% defense rate.
– Lewis averages 0.48 takedowns per 15 minutes.
– Tuivasa has a 50% takedown defense rate.
Stats via UFC.com
Derrick Lewis vs Tai Tuivasa Prediction
UFC 271 Lewis-Tuivasa prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Derrick Lewis (75%)
Method of Victory: KO/TKO (90%)