The Montreal Canadiens squeezed out a dramatic overtime victory at home in Game 4. Can the Tampa Bay Lightning close out the series at home? This NHL betting preview for the Canadiens vs Lightning NHL Playoffs matchup will provide game info, betting trends, odds and a prediction for Game 5 of this series.
Montreal Canadiens vs Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Preview and Prediction | NHL Playoffs
NHL Central Division Semifinals NHL Playoffs Game 5 (TB Leads 3-1)
Montreal Canadiens (24-21-11, 11-10-7 Away) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (36-17-3, 21-7-0 Home)
Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2021
Time: 8 pm EST
Venue: Amalie Arena – Tampa, FL
NHL Betting Odds
Moneyline: MON: (+180) | TB: (-215)
Spread: MON: +1.5 (-162) | TB: -1.5 (+134)
Total: 5 – Over: (-134) I Under: (+110)
Canadiens vs Lightning NHL Betting Trends
- Montreal is 1-7 straight up (SU) in its last eight games against Tampa Bay.
- The Canadiens are 6-3 SU in their last nine road games.
- Montreal is 0-8 SU in their last eight road games against Tampa Bay.
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 SU in its last five games.
- Tampa Bay is 5-0 SU in its last five home games.
Canadiens vs Lightning Prediction
This NHL prediction uses NumberFire’s probability model. They give Tampa Bay a 70.7% chance to win Game 5 of this NHL Playoffs matchup.
Get 50% off your first curated six-bottle case of wine at brightcellars.com/flurry!