The Red Sox vs Astros ALCS series started with an exciting Game 1 that came down to the wire. With only two games to explore with MLB betting today, it is great you are here to learn about the odds and predictions for an important Game 2!
This MLB betting preview for Red Sox vs Astros ALCS Game 2 includes game info, projected starting pitchers, betting odds, trends and a prediction for this series-opening matchup.
Red Sox vs Astros Betting Preview and Prediction | MLB Playoffs Game 2
ALCS Game 2 (HOU leads series 1-0)
Red Sox (92-70, 43-38 Away) vs. Astros (95-67, 51-30 Home)
Date: Saturday, Oct. 16, 2021
Time: 4:20 p.m. EST
Venue: Minute Maid Park — Houston, TX
Coverage: FOX/ FS1
Red Sox vs Astros Starting Pitchers
Red Sox: Nathan Eovaldi (12-9, 3.64 ERA)
Astros: Luis Garcia (11-8, 3.47 ERA)
Red Sox vs Astros MLB Betting Odds
MLB betting odds for Red Sox vs Astros are taken from BetMGM Sportsbook.
Moneyline: BOS: (-105) | HOU: (-115)
Run Line: BOS: -1.5 (+150) | HOU: +1.5 (-185)
Total: 8.5 — Over: (-120) | Under: (+100)
Public (Spread) Betting via Action Network: BOS: (71%) | HOU: (29%)
Red Sox vs Astros MLB Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in four of Boston’s last five games.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of Boston’s last nine games on the road.
- Boston is 1-4 SU in their last five games when playing on the road against Houston.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Houston’s last 15 games against Boston.
- Houston is 4-1 SU in their last five games when playing at home against Boston.
Signup for BetMGM Sportsbook today for a risk-free bet up to $1,000!
Red Sox vs Astros Stats
- Boston is averaging 5.16 runs per game (RPG) this season (No. 4 in the MLB).
- Boston is surrendering 4.62 RPG this season (No. 16 in the MLB).
- Houston is averaging 5.39 RPG this season (No. 1 in the MLB).
- Houston is surrendering 4.07 RPG this season (No. 6 in the MLB).
Red Sox vs Astros Weather Report
Status: Partly Cloudy
Wind: 14 MPH (blowing NNE)
Note: This game will be played indoors.
Red Sox vs Astros Prediction
The Red Sox vs Astros MLB betting prediction uses NumberFire’s probability model. They give Houston a 59.0% chance to win Game 2 of this ALCS matchup.
Follow us on all of our social channels! Check out our Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for more great FlurrySports content.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login