One of the most interesting of Monday’s seven NBA games is an intra-conference matchup featuring the Brooklyn Nets and San Antonio Spurs. The Nets will look to get back on track after having their lengthy winning streak snapped in their most recent game. Meanwhile, the Spurs should have their game legs firmly back underneath them for this, their third game back after a recent virus pause. The NBA betting odds have pegged the visitors as favorites for this game.
Check out our top fantasy basketball waiver wire adds for this week!
Nets vs Spurs Game Info
Brooklyn Nets (22-13, 9-7 Away) at San Antonio Spurs (17-12, 8-8 Home)
Date: Monday, Mar. 1, 2021
Start Time: 8:30 p.m. EST
Venue: AT&T Center — San Antonio, TX
Coverage: YES, Fox Sports Southwest NBA League Pass
Nets vs Spurs NBA Betting Odds
Odds courtesy of Bovada Sportsbook
Moneyline: BKN: (-210) | SAS: (+175)
Spread: BKN: -5 (-110) | SAS: +5 (-110)
Total: 233.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Nets vs Spurs NBA Betting Overview
The Nets have been one of the NBA’s hottest teams in recent weeks. Brooklyn had an eight-game winning streak snapped in their most recent outing, a 115-98 loss to the Dallas Mavericks. Despite that result, the Nets sit just a half-game back of first in the Eastern Conference. Perhaps making Brooklyn’s recent form even more impressive is the fact that Kevin Durant continues to be sidelined by a hamstring injury. If nothing else, the recent success has certainly garnered the attention of the NBA betting futures market. It’s also worth noting that Kyrie Irving also missed the game against Dallas. He will be back in the lineup alongside James Harden tonight.
Netss Injury Report
- Out: Kevin Durant (hamstring)
- Questionable: Jeff Green (shoulder), Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (knee)
- Probable: Tyler Johnson (migraine)
The entire Spurs team was sidelined for over a week thanks to virus protocol. After ten days off, San Antonio returned to action last week, dropping their first game back before knocking off the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday. DeMar DeRozan led six Spurs who scored in double figures with 32 points and 11 assists. He will need to be great once again tonight if the Spurs are to keep pace with the high-flying Nets offense. They may be back to playing games, but San Antonio remains without a number of players due to virus protocol. Among the notable names who will again be sidelined for tonight’s NBA betting matchup are Derrick White, Rudy Gay and Keldon Johnson.
Spurs Injury Report
- Out: Derrick White (virus), Rudy Gay (virus), Devin Vassell (virus), Quinndary Weatherspoon (virus)
- Questionable: Keldon Johnson (virus)
Nets vs Spurs NBA Betting Trends
- Nets 2020-21 Betting Trends: 13-17 ATS; 15-15 to the Over
- Spurs 2020-21 Betting Trends: 16-15-1 ATS; 17-15 to the Over
- The Nets have gone 8-1 SU and ATS in their last nine games.
- Under the total has hit in four of the Nets’ last five games.
- The total has gone Under in six of the Spurs’ last eight games.
Nets vs Spurs Statistics
- Brooklyn is averaging 120.7 points per game (PPG) this season (No. 1 in the NBA)
- Brooklyn is surrendering 116.3 PPG on the season (No. 27 in the NBA)
- San Antonio is averaging 110.9 PPG this season (Tied for No. 21 in the NBA)
- San Antonio is surrendering 111.2 PPG (Tied for No. 11 in the NBA)
Nets vs Spurs Prop Bet
DeMar DeRozan Total Points: Over 20.5 (-114 at Bovada Sportsbook)
There’s no denying that DeMar DeRozan is the go-to scorer for the Spurs. With so many contributors remaining out due to virus protocols, DeRozan figures to shoulder a large offensive workload once again in tonight’s NBA betting matchup. There’s simply no getting around the fact that San Antonio will have to score in bunches if they are to keep pace with the Nets. DeRozan is averaging 20.3 points per game on the season, but that is with a full complement of weapons around him. The Spurs don’t have that luxury tonight, which means they’ll have to lean on the 31-year-old veteran for production.