In a First Round NCAA Tournament game, the (8) Maryland Terrapins will face off with the (9) West Virginia Mountaineers in the South Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, March Madness expert picks, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our Maryland vs West Virginia prediction.
Maryland vs West Virginia Prediction and March Madness Expert Picks
2023 NCAA Tournament
No. 8 Maryland Terrapins (21-12) vs. No. 9 West Virginia Mountaineers (19-14)
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2022
Time: 12:15 PM EST
Venue: Legacy Arena — Birmingham, AL
Get your printable March Madness bracket
Maryland vs West Virginia March Madness Betting Odds
All college basketball betting odds for Maryland vs West Virginia can be found at BetUS Sportsbook.
Moneyline: MD: (+110) | WVU: (-130)
Point Spread: MD: +2 (-110) | WVU: -2 (-110)
Total: 137.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
Best March Madness Betting Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – Get $2,000 in deposit match bonuses!
- MyBookie – Claim a $1000 deposit match + FREE ENTRY into their bracket contest!
- Bovada – Get a $750 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
* Min $50 deposit to claim bonuses for the NCAA Tournament
Maryland vs West Virginia College Basketball Betting Trends
- Maryland is 21-12 against the spread (ATS) this season.
- West Virginia is 17-16 ATS this season.
- With 4+ days of rest, Maryland is 6-2 straight up while West Virginia is 3-6.
- The UNDER is 21-12 for Maryland this season.
- The OVER is 21-12 for West Virginia this season.
Maryland vs West Virginia Prediction | March Madness Expert Picks
Yes, this is an 8 vs 9 matchup, but these teams are more evenly matched than most 8 vs 9 matchups. In fact, the lower seed in West Virginia is favored over Maryland, but only by a couple of points. Don’t let the line deter you from betting on the team you believe will win either way.
West Virginia struggled in a tough Big 12 conference this season. A losing conference record has many fans and sports bettors overlooking the Mountaineers, but under the leadership of Bob Huggins, don’t expect a first-round exit.
You need good guards to win in the NCAA Tournament. You also need experience, and I like the experience of West Virginia most in this game. This will show itself in the frontcourt especially. I believe the frontcourt of West Virginia will be able to stay out of foul trouble and play smart basketball for long enough to pull out a close win.
Our college basketball betting Maryland vs West Virginia prediction tonight will be West Virginia covers the spread at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Maryland a 51% chance to win.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login