In a First Round NCAA Tournament game, the (8) Memphis Tigers will face off with the (9) Florida Atlantic Owls in the East Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, March Madness expert picks, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our Memphis vs FAU prediction.
Memphis vs FAU Prediction and March Madness Expert Picks
2023 NCAA Tournament
No. 8 Memphis Tigers (26-8) vs. No. 9 Florida Atlantic Owls (31-3)
Date: Friday, March 17, 2022
Time: 9:20 PM EST
Venue: Nationwide Arena — Columbus, OH
Get your printable March Madness bracket
Memphis vs Florida Atlantic March Madness Betting Odds
All college basketball betting odds for Memphis vs FAU can be found at BetUS Sportsbook.
Moneyline: MEM: (-135) | FAU: (+115)
Point Spread: MEM: +2 (-108) | FAU: -2 (-112)
Total: 153 — Over: (-112) | Under: (-110)
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
Best March Madness Betting Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – Get $2,000 in deposit match bonuses!
- MyBookie – Claim a $1000 deposit match + FREE ENTRY into their bracket contest!
- Bovada – Get a $750 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
* Min $50 deposit to claim bonuses for the NCAA Tournament
Memphis vs FAU College Basketball Betting Trends
- Memphis is 17-5-1 against the spread (ATS) this season.
- Florida Atlantic is 21-10-1 ATS this season.
- Memphis is 3-2 ATS in their last five games.
- The OVER is 18-15 for Memphis this season.
- The OVER is 17-15 for Florida Atlantic this season.
Memphis vs FAU Prediction | March Madness Expert Picks
This is one of the most interesting matchups in the entire tournament due to Memphis’ recent hot streak. They’re rolling on all cylinders right now, most recently beating Houston in the AAC championship game by 10. Florida Atlantic is no slouch either as they have lost just three games all season.
Both teams sport top offenses that can put up points in a hurry. The most intriguing part of the matchup however may be the size differential. FAU has just two players on their roster over 6’4″ while Memphis has 10 of their 16 players taller than that.
Memphis isn’t known as one of the better rebounding teams in the nation, but with their incredible size advantage, they should be able to dominate the boards. With that in mind, the Owls will really need to shoot the lights out from the opening tip. While that is certainly possible, Memphis’ swarming defense and incredible speed should be more than enough to get the win.
Our college basketball betting Memphis vs FAU prediction tonight will be Memphis covers the spread at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Memphis a 57.2% chance to win.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login