The Tampa Bay Lightning are up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals, after another home win in Game 2. Will some home-cooking help get the Montreal Canadiens back on track? This NHL betting preview for the Lightning vs Canadiens NHL Playoffs matchup will provide game info, betting trends, odds and a prediction for Game 3 of this series.
Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview and Prediction | NHL Playoffs
NHL Central Division Semifinals NHL Playoffs Game 3 (TB Leads 2-0)
Tampa Bay Lightning (36-17-3, 15-10-3 Away) vs. Montreal Canadiens (24-21-11, 13-11-4 Home)
Date: Friday, July 2, 2021
Time: 8 pm EST
Venue: Bell Centre – Montreal, Quebec
NHL Betting Odds
Moneyline: TB: (-138) | MON: (+118)
Spread: TB: -1.5 (+205) | MON: +1.5 (-255)
Total: 5 – Over: (-130) I Under: (+106)
Lightning vs Canadiens NHL Betting Trends
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 straight up (SU) in its last five games.
- Tampa Bay is 6-0 SU in its last six games against Montreal.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of Tampa Bay’s last eight road games.
- Montreal is 11-4 SU in its last 15 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of Montreal’s last eight games against Tampa Bay.
- Montreal is 5-1 SU in its last six home games.
Lightning vs Canadiens Prediction
This NHL prediction uses NumberFire’s probability model. They give Tampa Bay a 57.5% chance to win Game 3 of this NHL Playoffs matchup.