After a wild doubleheader in the Pocono Mountains, the NASCAR Cup Series heads to the Badger State this weekend. For the first time in over 60 years, Road America will host the top series in stock car racing. The Jockey Made in America 250 sets up as a great option for those looking to celebrate America’s birthday with some motorsports action. The following contains all kinds of vital information to get you set for the first of this Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series action at Road America. Read on for the Jockey Made in America 250 starting lineup, start time, race facts and NASCAR stats.
NASCAR Cup Series at Road America
2nd Jockey Made in America 250
Date: Sunday, July 4, 2021
Start Time: 2:30 p.m. EST
Track: Road America — Elkhart Lake, WI
Pole Sitter: TBD
Jockey Made in America 250 Race Details
Distance: 250 miles
Lap Length: 4.048 miles
Stages: Three (Laps 1-14; 15-29; 30-62)
Jockey Made in America 250 Starting Lineup
|Starting Position||Driver||Car Number||Team||Manufacturer|
|1||Kyle Larson||5||Hendrick Motorsports||Chevrolet|
|2||Chase Elliott||9||Hendrick Motorsports||Chevrolet|
|3||William Byron||24||Hendrick Motorsports||Chevrolet|
|4||Ryan Blaney||12||Team Penske||Ford|
|5||Kurt Busch||1||Chip Ganassi Racing||Chevrolet|
|6||Denny Hamlin||11||Joe Gibbs Racing||Toyota|
|7||Cole Custer||41||Stewart-Haas Racing||Ford|
|8||Christopher Bell||20||Joe Gibbs Racing||Toyota|
|9||Kevin Harvick||4||Stewart-Haas Racing||Ford|
|10||Joey Logano||22||Team Penske||Ford|
|11||Brad Keselowski||2||Team Penske||Ford|
|12||Martin Truex Jr.||19||Joe Gibbs Racing||Toyota|
|13||Kyle Busch||18||Joe Gibbs Racing||Toyota|
|14||Matt DiBenedetto||21||Wood Brothers Racing||Ford|
|15||Alex Bowman||48||Hendrick Motorsports||Chevrolet|
|16||Ross Chastain||42||Chip Ganassi Racing||Chevrolet|
|17||Daniel Suarez||99||Trackhouse Racing||Chevrolet|
|18||Aric Almirola||10||Stewart-Haas Racing||Ford|
|19||Ryan Newman||6||Roush Fenway Racing||Ford|
|20||Tyler Reddick||8||Richard Childress Racing||Chevrolet|
|21||Ricky Stenhouse Jr.||47||JTG Daugherty Racing||Chevrolet|
|22||Chase Briscoe||14||Stewart-Haas Racing||Ford|
|23||Austin Dillon||3||Richard Childress Racing||Chevrolet|
|24||Corey LaJoie||7||Spire Motorsports||Chevrolet|
|25||Bubba Wallace||23||23XI Racing||Toyota|
|26||Chris Buescher||17||Roush Fenway Racing||Ford|
|27||Erik Jones||43||Richard Petty Motorsports||Chevrolet|
|28||Michael McDowell||34||Front Row Motorsports||Ford|
|29||Justin Haley||77||Spire Motorsports||Chevrolet|
|30||Anthony Alfredo||38||Front Row Motorsports||Ford|
|31||Ryan Preece||37||JTG Daugherty Racing||Chevrolet|
|32||B.J. McLeod||78||Live Fast Motorsports||Ford|
|33||Cody Ware||51||Petty Ware Racing||Chevrolet|
|34||Joey Gase||53||Rick Ware Racing||Chevrolet|
|35||Quin Houff||00||StarCom Racing||Chevrolet|
|36||David Starr||13||MBM Motorsports||Toyota|
|37||Josh Bilicki||52||Rick Ware Racing||Chevrolet|
|38||Garrett Smithley||15||Rick Ware Racing||Chevrolet|
|39||Timmy Hill||66||MBM Motorsports||Toyota|
NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying Overview
Unlike the majority of NASCAR Cup Series races this season, actual qualifying time trials were held to determine the Jockey Made in America 250 starting lineup for Sunday’s race. In addition, drivers were able to turn several practice laps in sessions on both Saturday and Sunday to get acclimated with the new course.
Jockey Made in America 250 Race History and NASCAR Stats
- The only prior running of this race came all the way back in 1956. Tim Flock beat a field comprised of both American and foreign cars in one of the first road course races.
- With the addition of Road America to the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series schedule, there are seven road courses races in total this season.
- The NASCAR Xfinity Series has been racing annually at Road America since the 2010 season.
- Four drivers in Sunday’s field have won an Xfinity Series race at Road America. They are Christopher Bell, Michael McDowell, A.J. Allmendinger and Austin Cindric.
- Race favorite Chase Elliott has made two prior starts at Road America at the Xfinity Series level. He scored top-5 finishes in both races.
- Chase Elliott has the best average finish (4.0) among all drivers in Sunday’s field with at least two prior starts at the track.
- Austin Cindric won the 2020 NASCAR Xfinity Series Henry 180. He will be in the field for the Jockey Made in America 250 this weekend. Cindric is set to drive the No. 33 for Team Penske.