In a First Round NCAA Tournament game, the 5-seed Iowa Hawkeyes will face off with the 12-seed Richmond Spiders in the Midwest Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, bracketology, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our Iowa vs Richmond prediction for the game today.
Iowa vs Richmond | NCAA Tournament Bracketology
2022 NCAA Tournament
No. 5 Iowa Hawkeyes (26-9) vs. No. 12 Richmond Spiders (23-12)
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2022
Time: 3:10 PM EST
Venue: KeyBank Center — Buffalo, NY
Bet $10 to Win $200 at BetMGM
BetMGM is back at it again trying to bankrupt themselves! Of course, we hope they survive, but we’re still going to take their money.
Bet $10 on March Madness and, if a team hits a three-pointer, you automatically win $200! In other words, free $200 for new users! Simply CLICK THIS LINK or the image below, sign up, deposit, and steal money from BetMGM for March Madness!
Iowa vs Richmond College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: IOWA: (-560) | RICH: (+435)
Point Spread: IOWA: -10.5 (-110) | RICH: +10.5 (-110)
Total: 150.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Best NCAA Tournament Sportsbook Offers & Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
|Iowa||No. 13||121.5 (No. 2)||98.0 (No. 77)||69.6 (No. 52)|
|Richmond||No. 83||109.1 (No. 69)||99.3 (No. 104)||66.9 (No. 191)|
Iowa vs Richmond College Basketball Betting Trends
- Hawkeyes are 6-1 ATS in their last seven games overall.
- The total has gone OVER in each of the Hawkeyes’ last six neutral site games as a favorite.
- Each of the Hawkeyes’ last seven NCAA Tournament games has gone OVER the total.
- Spiders are 6-1 ATS in their last seven neutral site games as an underdog.
- Spiders are a perfect 6-0 ATS when playing the fourth game of a 4-in-7 days situation.
- The total has gone UNDER in each of the Spiders’ last six contests when playing the fourth game of a 4-in-7 days situation.
Iowa vs Richmond Prediction | March Madness Picks and Bracketology
One could make a case that sending Iowa to a 5-12 matchup was an error on the part of the selection committee. This is especially true considering the great deal of respect the committee showed the Big Ten Conference elsewhere in the bracket. Nonetheless, the Hawkeyes will have to contend with a Richmond team that was this year’s true “bid-stealer”.
The Spiders were seeded sixth in the A10 Tournament, yet managed to win four games in four days to secure an automatic bid to the Big Dance. Although the difference between Richmond (No. 83) and Iowa (No. 13) in the KenPom ratings is drastic, the Spiders do have one thing going for them that statistics cannot quantify: experience. Thanks to the NCAA granting student-athletes an extra year of eligibility, Richmond returned several fifth-year seniors this season.
Point guard Jacob Gilyard is one of the best all-around players in the Atlantic 10 Conference. Along with dishing 5.4 assists per game, Gilyard averaged a whopping 3.1 steals for the Spiders this season. he figures to lead what will need to be a top-notch Richmond defensive effort against the Hawkeyes. Meanwhile, junior forward Tyler Burton took a massive leap forward offensively this season to lead Richmond in scoring at 16.3 points per game. This is a proud Spiders team that should prove capable of staying within a double-digit spread against the Big Ten champs.
Our college basketball betting Iowa vs Richmond prediction tonight will be Richmond +10.5 at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Iowa an 84.8% chance to win.