The semi-finalists have been named for the player of the year award in college basketball. With these ten picked, I chose my top five and my choice for player of the year.
View the semi-finalists here.
- Trae Young (Oklahoma)
- Jalen Brunson (Villanova)
- Marvin Bagley (Duke)
- Deandre Ayton (Arizona)
- Kieta Bates-Diop (Ohio State)
I believe that Trae Young is the player of the year and there should not even be an argument. He leads the nation in scoring and he has transformed Oklahoma’s basketball team to at least be better than the Sooners were last year. Yes, Oklahoma is struggling now, but they are still going to make the NCAA Tournament. Trae Young is doing it all for his team and he is just not able to do enough to carry his teammates. I am hearing arguments for Jalen Brunson to be the player of the year because he is on a top-five team and he is the catalyst for Villanova’s success, but put Jalen on Oklahoma and he would not be doing what Trae is doing.
Trae Young should easily receive the player of the year award in my eyes!
Like Us On Facebook
- Fantasy Football Buy-Lows and NFL Playoff Picture (Ep. 41) November 13, 2018
- You Know Where to Shove It! (Ep. 40) October 30, 2018
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018