In a First Round NCAA Tournament game, the (5) UConn Huskies will face off with the (12) New Mexico State Aggies in the West Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, bracketology, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our UConn vs New Mexico State prediction for the game today.
UConn vs New Mexico State | NCAA Tournament Bracketology
2022 NCAA Tournament
No. 5 UConn Huskies (23-9) vs. No. 12 New Mexico State Aggies (26-6)
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2022
Time: 6:50 PM EST
Venue: KeyBank Center — Buffalo, NY
Bet $10 to Win $200 at BetMGM
BetMGM is back at it again trying to bankrupt themselves! Of course, we hope they survive, but we’re still going to take their money.
Bet $10 on March Madness and, if a team hits a three-pointer, you automatically win $200! In other words, free $200 for new users! Simply CLICK THIS LINK or the image below, sign up, deposit, and steal money from BetMGM for March Madness!
UConn vs New Mexico State College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: UCONN: (-300) | NMSU: (+250)
Point Spread: UCONN: -7 (-110) | NMSU: +7 (-110)
Total: 131.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Best NCAA Tournament Sportsbook Offers & Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
|New Mexico St.||81||107.8||97.7||66.2|
UConn vs New Mexico State College Basketball Betting Trends
- UConn is 1-5 against the spread (ATS) in its last five games.
- The UNDER is 5-2 in UConn’s last seven games.
- UConn is 7-2 straight up in its last nine games.
- New Mexico State is 5-2 ATS in its last seven games.
- The UNDER is 4-2 in New Mexico State’s last six games.
- New Mexico State is 16-4 straight up in its last 20 games.
UConn vs New Mexico State Prediction | March Madness Picks and Bracketology
Both teams have shown resiliency throughout the season, though New Mexico State gets little credit due to their competition. Still, they deserve more respect than they have been given, as does Teddy Allen, who should make a name for himself in this game.
The tempo will be slow in this game and the points will be hard to come by, especially early on. While I believe UConn will win this game, the Aggies will be nipping at their heels all game long. New Mexico State has only two losses by more than seven points this season, and one came all the way back in November.
I like taking the under most. However, with UConn winning by a score prediction of 68-63, I also like New Mexico State with the points.
Our college basketball betting UConn vs New Mexico State prediction tonight will be the point total going UNDER at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives UConn a 90.2% chance to win.