In an AAC college basketball matchup today, the SMU Mustangs are taking on the Houston Cougars at the Fertitta Center. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our SMU vs Houston prediction for the game today.
SMU vs Houston Game Info
SMU Mustangs (20-6, 11-3 AAC) vs. No. 14 Houston Cougars (23-4, 12-2 AAC)
Date: Sunday, February 27, 2022
Time: 12:30 PM EST
Venue: Fertitta Center — Houston, TX
SMU vs Houston College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: SMU: (+475) | HOU: (-650)
Point Spread: SMU: +11 (-110) | HOU: -11 (-110)
Total: 137 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
SMU vs Houston College Basketball Betting Trends
- SMU is 4-1 against the spread (ATS) in their last five games.
- The UNDER is 8-2 in SMU’s last 10 games.
- SMU is 2-7 ATS in their last nine games against Houston.
- Houston is 2-3 ATS in their last five games.
- The OVER is 5-2 in Houston’s last seven games.
Best Sportsbook Offers & Promotions
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
SMU vs Houston Prediction | College Basketball Betting Picks
With SMU still somehow on the outside of the NCAA Tournament in many of the latest predicted “bubbles,” this game could go a long way in securing a possible at-large tournament bid. Beating Houston once is already a heck of a signature win, beating them twice, including once on the road would make the Mustangs a virtual lock.
Houston will be looking for revenge and have a chance to all but wrap up the AAC regular season title as a win puts the two games in front with just three remaining. Both offenses are going to come out firing and it’ll likely be another high-scoring game like we saw in SMU’s 85-83 win over Houston two weeks ago. Bet on the over to hit on the total line.
Our college basketball betting SMU vs Houston prediction tonight will be OVER HITS at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Houston a 91.5% chance to win.