In the college basketball Big Ten Tournament matchup today, the Minnesota Gophers are taking on the Penn State Nittany Lions at the Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our Minnesota vs Penn State prediction for the game today.
Minnesota vs Penn State | Big Ten Tournament
Big Ten Tournament — 1st Round Game
Minnesota Gophers (13-16, 4-16 Big Ten) vs. Penn State Nittany Lions (12-16, 7-13 Big Ten)
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Time: 8:30 PM EST
Venue: Gainbridge Fieldhouse — Las Vegas, NV
Coverage: Big Ten Network
Minnesota vs Penn State College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: MINN: (+145) | PSU: (-165)
Point Spread: MINN: +3.5 (-110) | PSU: -3.5 (-110)
Total: 125.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
Minnesota vs Penn State College Basketball Betting Trends
- Minnesota are 2-5 against the spread (ATS) in their last seven games.
- The Gophers are 2-11 straight up in their last 13 games.
- Minnesota are 6-3 straight up in their last nine games against Penn State.
- Penn State are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games.
- The UNDER is 6-1 in Penn State’s last seven games.
- Penn State are 1-4 straight up in their last five games.
Best Sportsbook Offers & Promotions
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
Minnesota vs Penn State Prediction | College Basketball Betting Picks for the Big Ten Tournament
If you decide to wait until the next round to watch the Big Ten Tournament, I wouldn’t blame you. Here, we have two bad teams. The Gophers are a competitive team, but they’re a glutton for punishment. They only have two wins in their last 13 games. Penn State has lost four of their past five games, with their lone win coming against Northwestern.
The last Minnesota vs Penn State matchup on Feb. 12th was a blowout, with the Nittany Lions winning 67-46. However, the Gophers won by six points a few days prior.
Penn State will look to play at their tempo and concentrate on defense to win this game. They may, they may not, who cares. We’ll take the UNDER on the point total instead. I value my money too much to put it on either team to win a game, so I’ll bet both teams miss shots and try to lose the game for 40 minutes, leading to the under hitting once again.
Our college basketball betting Minnesota vs Penn State prediction tonight will be the point total going UNDER at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Penn State a 58.9% chance to win.