In a First Round NCAA Tournament game, the (6) LSU Tigers will face off with the (11) Iowa State Cyclones in the Midwest Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, bracketology, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our LSU vs Iowa State prediction for the game today.
LSU vs Iowa State | NCAA Tournament Bracketology
2022 NCAA Tournament
No. 6 LSU Tigers (22-11) vs. No. 11 Iowa State Cyclones (20-12)
Date: Friday, March 18, 2022
Time: 7:20 PM EST
Venue: Fiserv Forum — Milwaukee, WI
Bet $10 to Win $200 at BetMGM
BetMGM is back at it again trying to bankrupt themselves! Of course, we hope they survive, but we’re still going to take their money.
Bet $10 on March Madness and, if a team hits a three-pointer, you automatically win $200! In other words, free $200 for new users! Simply CLICK THIS LINK or the image below, sign up, deposit, and steal money from BetMGM for March Madness!
LSU vs Iowa State College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
MoneyLine: LSU: (-185) | ISU: (+165)
Point Spread: LSU: -4 (-110) | ISU: +4 (-110)
Total: 127 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Best NCAA Tournament Sportsbook Offers & Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
LSU vs Iowa State College Basketball Betting Trends
- LSU is 5-10 against the spread (ATS) in its last 15 games.
- The OVER is 11-3 in LSU’s last 14 games.
- LSU is 1-5 straight up against their last six Big 12 opponents.
- Iowa State is 5-1 ATS against their last six SEC opponents.
- The OVER is 6-3 in Iowa State’s last nine games.
- Iowa State is 0-10 straight up in its last 10 March games.
LSU vs Iowa State Prediction | March Madness Picks and Bracketology
This is an interesting matchup that could turn sloppy. LSU has a strong defense and is the top team in the nation in forcing steals. However, they have a problem with turning the ball over. On the other side, Iowa State is super inconsistent, but they also generate turnovers well.
Of course, LSU will be playing under a new head coach in the NCAA Tournament, with Will Wade getting fired. This feels like one of those situations that bring a team together. I’ll go with them to win the game, but it could be a one-possession game.
For the best bet, we’ll side with the betting trends and take the over. Both schools have consistently had point totals go over.
Our college basketball betting LSU vs Iowa State prediction tonight will be the point total going OVER at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives TCU a 50.3% chance to win.