The defending Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning looked like one of the best teams in the NHL, for the first half of the season. While they didn’t exactly limp across the finish line, they did only manage to finish third in the Central Division, with 75 points. The Florida Panthers were quietly one of the most solid teams in the NHL, as they finished second in the division, with 79 points. While, on paper, Tampa looks to be the better team, paper doesn’t determine playoff results. This betting preview for the Lightning vs Panthers NHL Playoffs matchup will provide game info, betting trends, NHL odds and a prediction for Game 1 of this series.
Lightning vs Panthers Betting Preview and Prediction | NHL Playoffs
NHL Central Division Semifinals NHL Playoffs Game 1
Tampa Bay Lightning (36-17-3, 15-10-3 Away) vs. Florida Panthers (37-14-5, 20-5-3 Home)
Date: Sunday, May 16th, 2021
Time: 7:30 pm EST
Venue: BB&T Center – Sunrise, FL
Lightning vs Panthers NHL Betting Odds
Moneyline: TB: (-125) | FLA: (+105)
Spread: TB: -1.5 (+200) | FLA: +1.5 (-240)
Total: 5.5 – Over: (-115) I Under: (-105)
Odds to Win Series: TB: (-160) | FLA: (+140)
Lightning vs Panthers Betting Trends
- The Panthers won five of their seven matchups against the Lightning in the regular season.
- The total has hit the over in 15 of the last 20 meetings between these teams.
- The Lightning are 2-4 straight up in their last six games.
- The total has hit the over in four of Florida’s last five games.
- The Panthers are 11-1 straight up in their last 12 home games.
Lightning vs Panthers Prediction
This NHL prediction uses NumberFire’s probability model. They give Tampa Bay a 52.5% chance to win Game 1 of this NHL Playoffs matchup.