In the biggest surprise of Week 1, the Jacksonville Jaguars are coming off an upset win to take on the Tennessee Titans, as they battle for the top seed in the AFC South. Sure, it’s early, but we may as well make this the narrative. NFL odds for Week 2 are viewing the Titans as the clear home favorites, making them one of the more popular NFL picks of Week 2.
Jaguars vs Titans NFL Odds Week 2 and Info
All odds taken from Bovada Sportsbook
- Opening Lines: TEN -11.0, O/U 43.5
- Moneyline: JAX: (+310) | TEN: (-390)
- Spread: JAX: +8.5 (-110) | TEN: -8.5 (-110)
- Total: 42.5 – Over: (-115) | Under: (-110)
- Location: Nissan Stadium — Nashville, FL
- Start Time: 1 p.m. EST
- Coverage: CBS
Jaguars vs Titans Overview
“Minshew Mania” is alive and well, after Gardner Minshew completed a cool 95 percent of his passes in Week 1. It was no dominant performance against the Indianapolis Colts, but the Jaguars passing game looked talented nonetheless. It’s obvious that this receiving corps is the strength of the entire team, and Minshew was able to do his job of getting them the ball beautifully.
Despite winning the game, Jacksonville still allowed 4.0 yards per carry on the ground. This was a defense that gave up 5.1 yards per rush last season, which was the second-worst average in the league. If they fall back to this level of play on Sunday, it could be a long game, with 2019 rushing leader Derrick Henry running wild. While he wasn’t a complete monster in Week 1, he is still very much the bell cow, totaling 31 carries in the game.
Defensively, Tennessee won the Jadeveon Clowney sweepstakes, and his impact we felt last Monday night. He was the best-graded player in run defense on the team by Pro Football Focus, at 84.7. Clowney should be able to handle the players up front, along with Jeff Simmons, as they enforce their will on this Jaguars offensive line.
Assuming the Titans get up early like the Colts did last game, they will be able to control the game with their run offense and stout defense.
CLICK HERE to buy last season’s top-ranked NFL futures bettor’s picks! Zach Brunner was 91% accurate on win totals bets in 2019, after being the second-ranked NFL betting expert in 2018. Get the full season for $125 TODAY!
Jaguars vs Titans Trends
- Jacksonville defeated the Indianapolis Colts in Week 1, 27-20.
- Tennessee defeated the Denver Broncos in Week 1, 16-14.
- Jacksonville is 3-6 against the spread (ATS) in its last nine games.
- Jacksonville is 2-4 ATS in its last six road games.
- The total has hit the over in 10 of Tennessee’s last 14 games.
- The total has hit the over in six of Tennessee’s last nine games against Jacksonville.
Jaguars vs Titans Stats
- Jacksonville averaged 18.8 points per game (PPG) during the 2019 season (No. 26 in NFL).
- Jacksonville surrendered 24.8 PPG during the 2019 season (No. 21 in NFL).
- Tennessee averaged 24.9 PPG during the 2019 season (No. 8 in NFL).
- Tennessee surrendered 20.6 PPG during the 2019 season (No. 11 in NFL).
Jaguars vs Titans NFL Picks | NFL Odds Week 2
4th Quarter Total: Over 10.5 (+102)
This game features a weak run defense and last season’s leading rusher. He is going to wear down the Jaguars defense all game long, likely leading to big things in the fourth quarter. This was the case in games last season, as the Titans averaged the fourth-most fourth quarter points (8.4). Meanwhile, the Jaguars ranked eighth in this category (7.2), thanks to garbage time.
Again, it’s last season’s leading rusher against the second-worst run defense from last season. Unlike the Colts last week, we know Tennessee will stay committed to the run, and that is the reason why they will be able to get a lead, hold onto it and even extend it, covering the spread.
Pick: Tennessee Titans -8.5
For more NFL picks and NFL odds, check out Zach’s NFL betting package at PicksCity!