In a Big Ten college basketball matchup today, the Illinois Fighting Illini are taking on the Michigan Wolverines at the Crisler Center. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our Illinois vs Michigan prediction for the game today.
Illinois vs Michigan Game Info
No. 15 Illinois Fighting Illini (19-8, 12-5 Big Ten) vs. Michigan Wolverines (15-11, 9-7 Big Ten)
Date: Sunday, February 27, 2022
Time: 2 PM EST
Venue: Crisler Center — Ann Arbor, MI
Illinois vs Michigan College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Point Spread: ILL: -1 (-110) | MICH: +1 (-110)
Total: 141.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
Illinois vs Michigan College Basketball Betting Trends
- Illinois is 1-4 against the spread (ATS) in their last five games.
- The OVER is 3-2 in Illinois’ last five games.
- Illinois is 4-1 ATS in their last five games against Michigan.
- Michigan is 3-3 ATS in their last six games.
- The OVER is 13-6 in Michigan’s last 19 games.
Best Sportsbook Offers & Promotions
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
Illinois vs Michigan Prediction | College Basketball Betting Picks
The last time these teams met, fans were treated to quite an ugly game. Illinois prevailed 68-53 however both teams shot 30% or less from deep. Nothing was working offensively for Michigan and they failed to have an answer for Illinois center Kofi Cockburn. While Michigan will get luckier on shots falling and the game coming at home, they have a tall order against Illinois.
This is a tough game to predict as it will be rocking in Ann Arbor, but in these games, the more consistent team usually wins. Michigan has had some amazing performances, but Illinois has, for the most part, been the far better team this season. Even with their recent loss to Ohio State, pick Illinois to win in a game they need to win to stay alive in the Big Ten title race.
Our college basketball betting Illinois vs Michigan prediction tonight will be Illinois COVERS at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Illinois a 53.9% chance to win.