A pair of Eastern Conference heavyweights are set to go head-to-head in the headline game of Monday night’s NBA action. The defending conference champion Miami Heat will look to slow down the Brooklyn Nets and their newly created “Big Three”. The NBA betting odds and expert Heat vs Nets prediction analysts have tabbed the home team as sizable favorites.
Be sure to check out our fantasy basketball waiver wire adds!
Heat vs Nets Game Info
Miami Heat (6-9, 2-6 Away) at Brooklyn Nets (10-8, 8-4 Home)
Date: Monday, Jan. 25, 2021
Venue: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, NY
Start Time: 7:30 p.m. EST
TV: NBA TV
Heat vs Nets NBA Betting Odds
Odds courtesy of Bovada Sportsbook
Moneyline: MIA: (+260) | BKN: (-340)
Spread: MIA: +7.5 (-110) | BKN: -7.5 (-110)
Total: 235.5 — Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Heat vs Nets NBA Betting Overview
The Heat enter tonight’s game on a two-game slide, including a loss to these same Nets on Saturday. Miami has looked far from the same team that tore through the postseason for a surprise NBA Finals appearance last summer. Injuries and China Virus protocol have been the primary culprits of the Heat’s slow NBA betting start. The injury report is again lengthy ahead of Monday’s contest with Jimmy Butler being the most notable name.
While Miami will again be short-handed, one can’t deny that they have a major frontcourt advantage in this matchup with the Nets. Bam Adebayo’s 41 points on Saturday are a perfect indication of this. He will look to impose his will on the underwhelming Brooklyn bigs once again. Guards Goran Dragic, Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn have performed well in the absence of Butler and Tyler Herro. It will be vital for them to keep their offensive games clicking for Miami to spring an upset.
Heat Injury Report
- Out: Jimmy Butler (virus), Tyler Herro (neck), Avery Bradley (virus), Meyers Leonard (shoulder), Chris Silva (hip), Maurice Harkless (thigh)
- Questionable: Kezie Okpala (knee)
- Gametime Decision: Goran Dragic, Gabe Vincent
Saturday’s win was a most-necessary rebound for the Nets after they dropped two games as massive NBA betting favorites to the lowly Cleveland Cavaliers last week. Brooklyn’s “Big Three” of Kevin Durant, James Harden and Kyrie Irving have been spectacular offensively in their short time playing together. Unfortunately, the blockbuster trade that the Nets put together to land Harden severely weakened the team defensively.
The biggest loss in the trade for Brooklyn has to be Jarrett Allen. Without him, the Nets are forced to play DeAndre Jordan heavy minutes while also relying on Jeff Green to play the five. Jordan is a major defensive liability at this point in his career and Green simply doesn’t have the size to match up with a player like Adebayo. The Nets are essentially forced to try and outscore opponents every time out. That’s not exactly a recipe for consistent NBA betting success.
Nets Injury Report
- Out: Nicholas Claxton (knee)
- Out for Year: Spencer Dinwiddie (knee)
Heat vs Nets NBA Betting Trends
- Heat 2020-21 Betting Trends: 6-8-1 ATS; 8-7 to the Over
- Nets 2020-21 Betting Trends: 7-11 ATS; 13-5 to the Over
- The Heat are 5-3 SU (4-3-1 ATS) after a loss this season.
- The Nets are just 2-6 ATS as a home favorite this season.
- The total has gone Over in six of the Nets’ eight games as a home favorite.
Heat vs Nets Statistics
- Miami is averaging 109.3 points per game (PPG) this season (No. 21 in the NBA)
- Miami is surrendering 113.1 PPG on the season (No. 22 in the NBA)
- Brooklyn is averaging 120.3 PPG this season (No. 1 in the NBA)
- Brooklyn is surrendering 116.8 PPG (No. 27 in the NBA)
Heat vs Nets Prop Bet
Jeff Green Total Points: Over 8.5 (-122 at Bovada Sportsbook)
One would have to go back seven games to find the last time that Nets forward Jeff Green failed to eclipse the NBA betting line of 8.5 points. He’s far from the star on this Brooklyn roster, but Green has played a vital role as a member of the supporting cast. He has been particularly strong from 3-point range, where he’s shooting 51.9% on the season. Green has hit three or more triples in three of the Nets’ last four games. If he can even knock down two on Monday night, he will need but a bucket and free throw more to surpass 8.5 points. Take Green to go Over the NBA odds on this prop.