In a Sweet 16 NCAA Tournament game, the (4) Tennessee Volunteers will face off with the (9) Florida Atlantic Owls in the East Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, March Madness expert picks, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our FAU vs Tennessee prediction.
FAU vs Tennessee Prediction and Sweet 16 March Madness Expert Picks
2023 NCAA Tournament – Sweet 16
No. 9 Florida Atlantic Owls (33-3) vs. No. 4 Tennessee Volunteers (25-10)
Date: Thursday, March 23, 2023
Time: 9:00 PM EST
Venue: Madison Square Garden — New York, NY
Get your printable March Madness bracket
FAU vs Tennessee March Madness Betting Odds
All college basketball betting odds for FAU vs Tennessee can be found at BetUS Sportsbook.
Moneyline: TENN: (+200) | FAU: (-250)
Point Spread: TENN: +5.5 (-112) | FAU: -5.5 (-107)
Total: 130.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
Best March Madness Betting Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – Get $2,000 in deposit match bonuses!
- MyBookie – Claim a $1000 deposit match + FREE ENTRY into their bracket contest!
- Bovada – Get a $750 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
* Min $50 deposit to claim bonuses for the NCAA Tournament
FAU vs Tennessee College Basketball Betting Trends
- Tennessee is 17-16 against the spread (ATS) this season.
- Florida Atlantic is 21-10-1 ATS this season.
- The UNDER is 3-2 in Florida Atlantic’s last five games.
- The UNDER is 19-14 for Tennessee this season.
- The OVER is 17-15 for Florida Atlantic this season.
FAU vs Tennessee Prediction | Sweet 16 March Madness Expert Picks
Quite simply, Florida Atlantic (FAU) shouldn’t even be here. If not for a blatant missed call that led to their game-winning bucket over Memphis in the first round, FAU got to matchup with Farleigh Dickinson. Seeing that Farleigh Dickinson was the shortest team in the tournament and FAU and was able to avoid Zach Edey and Purdue, they have had one of the easiest roads to get here.
Unfortunately, they now match up against a Tennessee team that is extremely physical and sports a great defense. If that wasn’t tough enough, Tennessee guard Santiago Vescovi runs a Volunteers offense that looked solid against a touch Duke defense last round.
To put it simply, Tennessee shouldn’t have too much problem with an FAU team that struggled to get past Farleigh Dickinson. While Tennessee’s offense likely won’t run away with this game, their defense should be able to keep FAU’s offense in check. Bet Tennessee to cover the spread.
Our college basketball betting FAU vs Tennessee prediction today will be Tennessee covers the spread at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Tennessee an 84.4% chance to win.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login