Each Wednesday, I will be posting my Mid-Major Top-25 highlighting the top 25 teams from non-power conferences. These rankings exclude the A10, AAC and WCC. Also included each week will be a breakdown of all notable mid major notes around the country.
These teams could be the teams to pull off incredible upsets in the NCAA Tournament!
|6||South Dakota State|
|10||New Mexico State|
- Nevada goes on the road to Boise State for a win to show they are without a doubt top school in the Mountain West, and that they will be in the NCAA Tournament even with a loss in the MW conference tournament.
- FGCU loses twice this week to Kennesaw State and Lipscomb, causing them to fall out of the Mid-Major Top-25 even though they still lead the A-Sun Conference.
- UNC Ashville loses to Liberty and gives way to Winthrop to lead the Big South.
- New Mexico State falls to Utah Valley, who is the second-best team in the WAC, but the loss that hurt came to Seattle later in the week, causing NMSU to slide down the rankings.
- Montana randomly loses a game in the Big Sky to Eastern Washington, then they fell to Idaho to now enter a tie with Weber State for first place in the conference.
- Wright States takes back the top spot in the Horizon League, as they beat Northern Kentucky.
- Northeastern is getting hot at the right time, beating William & Mary as they prepare to get their rematch against Charleston for the top spot in the Colonial.
- In Mountain West action, San Diego State impresses with a 38-point win over UNLV. SDSU may make a run if the they play like this in the conference tournament.
- UCSB nearly falls out of the Mid-Major Top-25 with a home loss to UC Davis by 17 points. UCSB still holds first place in the Big West, which kept them in the poll.
- Old Dominion dominates UTEP in a 49-point win.
- Rider and Canisius played a great game to decide who the top team in the MAAC was, and Rider won the battle by just one point.
- Vermont fails to go undefeated in American East play two years in a row, as they fell to Hartford.
- ETSU suffers a terrible loss on their home court to The Citadel.