An NFL season unlike any other is set to culminate on Sunday with Super Bowl LV. The Kansas City Chiefs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers will lock horns for the right to hoist the Lombardi Trophy and declare themselves Super Bowl champions. Both sides have the chance to make history on Sunday. The Chiefs are NFL betting favorites for the game and will be vying to become the first back-to-back champs since 2004-05. Meanwhile, the Buccaneers will look to become the first NFL team to win a championship on their home field.
This NFL betting overview for the Chiefs vs Buccaneers matchup contains the NFL odds, spread and key Super Bowl betting trends for the big game.
Chiefs vs Buccaneers Super Bowl LV | NFL Betting Preview
Chiefs vs Buccaneers Super Bowl LV Game Info
Kansas City Chiefs (16-2, 8-0 Away) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (14-5, 5-3 Home)
Date: Sunday, Feb. 7, 2021
Time: 6:30 p.m. EST
Venue: Raymond James Stadium — Tampa, FL
TV Coverage: CBS
Chiefs vs Buccaneers NFL Betting Odds
All NFL betting odds are courtesy of Bovada Sportsbook
Moneyline: KC: (-165) | TB: (+145)
Spread: KC: -3 (-120) | TB: +3 (+100)
Total: 56.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: KC: (68% tickets; 81% money) | TB: (32% tickets, 19% money)
Chiefs vs Buccaneers NFL Betting Trends
- Chiefs 2020-21 NFL Betting Trends: 8-10 ATS; 9-9 to the Over
- Buccaneers 2020-21 NFL Betting Trends: 11-8 ATS; 11-8 to the Over
- The Chiefs are just 1-4-1 ATS in their last six games.
- The Chiefs are 7-0 SU but only 3-4 ATS as road favorites this season.
- The Buccaneers are 6-2 ATS in their last eight games.
- The Buccaneers are 4-1 ATS as an underdog this season.
- The Chiefs defeated the Buccaneers 27-24 in Tampa Bay Week 12 of the regular season.
Chiefs vs Buccaneers Stats
- Kansas City is averaging 29.6 points per game (PPG) this season (Tied for No. 4 in the NFL).
- Kansas City is surrendering 22.4 PPG this season (No. 10 in the NFL).
- Tampa Bay is averaging 30.7 PPG this season (No. 2 in the NFL).
- Tampa Bay is surrendering 22.3 PPG this season (Tied for No. 8 in the NFL).
Super Bowl LV Betting Trends
- All-time, Super Bowl betting favorites are 34-19 SU but just 25-25-3 ATS.
- NFL betting underdogs are 13-6 ATS in the last 18 Super Bowls (9-4 in the last 13).
- Outright Super Bowl winners are 45-6-3 ATS in the previous 54 Super Bowls.
- In the last 24 Super Bowl matchups between unequal playoff seeds, the team that is the higher playoff seed is just 2-14-2 ATS.
- The first 54 Super Bowls have been an even 27-27 split between the AFC and NFC, but the NFC does have a 27-24-3 all-time ATS advantage.
- AFC teams are 5-2 both SU and ATS in the last seven Super Bowls.
- NFL betting underdogs of six points or less have never covered a Super Bowl point spread without winning the game outright.
- In the 53 Super Bowls that have had totals wagering, the over has gone 27-25-1.
- The under is 8-3 in the last 11 Super Bowls with a total greater than 50 points.
- In the 17 Super Bowls in which both teams scored 20 or more points, 14 have gone over the total.