In a First Round NCAA Tournament game, the 6-seed Alabama Crimson Tide will face off with the 11-seed Notre Dame Fighting Irish in the West Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, bracketology, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our Alabama vs Notre Dame prediction for the game today.
Alabama vs Notre Dame | NCAA Tournament Bracketology
2022 NCAA Tournament
No. 6 Alabama Crimson Tide (19-13) vs. No. 11 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (23-10)
Date: Friday, March 18, 2022
Time: 4:15 PM EST
Venue: Viejas Arena — San Diego, CA
Bet $10 to Win $200 at BetMGM
BetMGM is back at it again trying to bankrupt themselves! Of course, we hope they survive, but we’re still going to take their money.
Bet $10 on March Madness and, if a team hits a three-pointer, you automatically win $200! In other words, free $200 for new users! Simply CLICK THIS LINK or the image below, sign up, deposit, and steal money from BetMGM for March Madness!
Alabama vs Notre Dame College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: ALA: (-185) | ND: (+165)
Point Spread: ALA: -4 (-110) | ND: +4 (-110)
Total: 151.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Best NCAA Tournament Sportsbook Offers & Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
|Alabama||No. 25||116.1 (No. 15)||98.7 (No. 95)||71.7 (No. 11)|
|Notre Dame||No. 51||112.0 (No. 30)||98.3 (No. 83)||65.7 (No. 251)|
Alabama vs Notre Dame College Basketball Betting Trends
- Crimson Tide are just 1-6 ATS in their last seven NCAA Tournament games as a favorite.
- Each of the Crimson Tide’s last five neutral site games has gone OVER the total.
- The OVER is 4-0 in the Crimson Tide’s last four games against teams with a winning percentage above .600.
- The OVER is 8-0-1 in the Fighting Irsh’s last nine games overall.
- Each of the Fighting Irish’s last five games following an ATS win has gone OVER the total.
- The OVER is 4-0 in the Fighting Irish’s last four games against teams with a winning record.
Alabama vs Notre Dame Prediction | March Madness Picks and Bracketology
Notre Dame has to survive a double-overtime thriller against Rutgers in the First Four just to reach the main NCAA Tournament bracket. Mike Brey deserves a ton of credit for getting the most out of a marginal Fighting Irish team in terms of pure talent. Speaking of talent, Alabama quite clearly has the advantage on this front.
The Crimson Tide are led by a pair of junior guards in Jaden Shackelford and Jahvon Quinerly. The team’s lack of size has led Nate Oats to utilize a four-guard lineup for the majority of games. As a result, Alabama loves to run and gun. The Tide average the 11th-fastest adjusted tempo in the nation according to KenPom. They also averaged the sixth-most three-point field goal attempts on a per-game basis. Although Alabama is not a team to shy away from shooting the long ball, the Tide only managed to hit on 30.5% of attempted three-pointers as a team.
While an overreliance on the three-ball might not be appealing for college basketball picks, the Tide also will have advantages in speed and athleticism in this matchup with Notre Dame. If the Irish defense looks anything like it did in the First Four marathon against Rutgers, Alabama should be able to achieve success driving to the rim as well. Look for the Crimson Tide’s superior talent to win out in this one.
Our college basketball betting Alabama vs Notre Dame prediction tonight will be Alabama -4 at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Alabama a 64.3% chance to win.