This episode, we fire up the DeLorean and head back to 1936 to witness the first NFL draft. Times were different for the players and owners pre-draft era. Some say the NFL draft saved professional sports because it helped balance the leagues. Others say the birth of the NFL draft was a major turning point in the explosion of the NFL. The draft was the brainchild of the first great NFL Commissioner and former owner of the Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers. You can learn more about him in the Bert Bell episode. For now, it’s time to take you back to that first NFL draft, and I’ll clue you into a secret. There’s a major twist at the end. So, strap on your seat belt, and let’s get ready to take this baby up to 88mph.
Connect with the show:
- Visit the show notes for this episode
- Visit me on the web – my about page
- Contact the show
- Follow me on Twitter
- Subscribe on YouTube
LINKS FROM THE SHOW
Are you interested in sharing your favorite football moment on the show? This is your chance to share your story with all my listener’s.
Like Us On Facebook
- Fantasy Football Buy-Lows and NFL Playoff Picture (Ep. 41) November 13, 2018
- You Know Where to Shove It! (Ep. 40) October 30, 2018
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018