In an Elite 8 NCAA Tournament game, the 4-seed UConn Huskies will face off with the 3-seed Gonzaga Bulldogs in the West Region. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, March Madness expert picks, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then share our official UConn vs Gonzaga prediction for the regional final matchup.
UConn vs Gonzaga Prediction and March Madness Expert Picks
2023 NCAA Tournament Elite 8
No. 4 UConn Huskies (28-8) vs. No. 3 Gonzaga Bulldogs (31-5)
Date: Saturday, March 25, 2023
Time: 8:49 PM EST
Venue: T-Mobile Arena — Las Vegas, NV
Get your printable March Madness bracket
UConn vs Gonzaga March Madness Betting Odds
All college basketball betting odds for UConn vs Gonzaga can be found at BetUS Sportsbook.
Moneyline: CONN: (-145) | GON: (+125)
Point Spread: CONN: -2.5 (-110) | GON: +2.5 (-110)
Total: 153.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Best March Madness Betting Promos
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – Get $2,000 in deposit match bonuses!
- MyBookie – Claim a $1000 deposit match + FREE ENTRY into their bracket contest!
- Bovada – Get a $750 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
* Min $50 deposit to claim bonuses for the NCAA Tournament
KenPom Rankings | Bracketology
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
|Team||Overall AdjEM (Rk)||AdjO (Rk)||AdjD (Rk)||AdjT (Rk)|
|UConn||+27.72 (1)||120.9 (3)||93.2 (13)||66.5 (211)|
|Gonzaga||+24.21 (6)||123.6 (1)||99.3 (73)||70.2 (39)|
UConn vs Gonzaga College Basketball Betting Trends
- Huskies are 8-1 ATS in their last nine games overall.
- The total has gone UNDER in five of the Huskies’ last seven games overall.
- Huskies are 12-1 straight up in their last 13 games as a betting favorite.
- Bulldogs are just 1-7 ATS in their last eight NCAA Tournament games.
- Ten of the Bulldogs’ last 13 games overall have gone OVER the total.
- The OVER is 5-0 in the Bulldogs’ last five games as a betting underdog.
- Betting underdogs are 3-0-1 ATS in the last four UConn vs Gonzaga head-to-head meetings.
UConn vs Gonzaga Prediction | Elite 8 March Madness Expert Picks
These two schools may be on opposite sides of the country, but they have been two of the best thus far in the NCAA Tournament. Dan Hurley has led UConn to dominant wins in each of its first three March Madness games. The Huskies pulled away from Saint Mary’s, another West Coast Conference team, in the Second Round and overwhelmed Arkansas in the Sweet 16 on Thursday night.
As for Gonzaga, it took a furious second-half rally to slip past UCLA on Thursday. Perhaps what made the win that much more surprising is that the Bulldogs did everything possible to choke the game away in the final two minutes. Las Vegas native Julian Strawther would connect on a 3-pointer from the logo with seven seconds to go to put the Zags on top for good and set up this UConn vs Gonzaga Elite 8 matchup.
As for Saturday’s West Regional Final, Gonzaga is the first team that UConn has faced all tournament that has a formidable matchup for Adama Sanogo down low. While Drew Timme isn’t necessarily known for his defense, his footwork in the post on the offensive end is unmatched. If one of these star centers is able to get the other in early foul trouble, it could have a huge impact on the outcome of this game.
When it comes down to it, the Huskies simply have far more depth in terms of reliable scorers. In addition to Sanogo, guards Jordin Hawkins and Tristen Newton have been phenomenal in the tournament. UConn has also gotten meaningful contributions from its bench in each game.
On the flip side, outside of Timme and Strawther, it’s difficult to trust any other Gonzaga player to create their own shots. This combined with Connecticut having plenty of bodies to thwart Timme in the post leads us to lean toward the betting favorite with our March Madness expert picks.
Our official college basketball betting UConn vs Gonzaga prediction will be UCONN COVERS at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives UConn a 57.6% chance to win.
Bet: UConn -2.5 (-110 at BetUS Sportsbook)
You must be logged in to post a comment Login