In a Big East matchup today, the Butler Bulldogs will take on the St Johns Red Storm at Carnesecca Arena. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, betting trends, and KenPom Rankings, then give our Butler vs St Johns prediction for the game today.
Butler vs St Johns Game Info
Butler Bulldogs (13-3, 6-9 Big East) vs St Johns Red Storm (14-11, 6-8 Big East)
Date: Friday, February 18, 2022
Time: 5 PM ET
Venue: Carnesecca Arena – Queens, NY
Coverage: CBS Sports Network
Butler vs St Johns College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: BUT: (+335) | STJ: (-395)
Point Spread: BUT: +8 (-110) | STJ: -8 (-110)
Total: 141.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
College Basketball Betting Odds are found at BetUS. Click the link to claim a deposit bonus up to $3,125!
Butler vs St Johns College Basketball Betting Trends
- Butler is 4-1 against the spread (ATS) in their last five games.
- Total has gone over in nine of the last 11 games Butler has played
- Butler is 1-5 straight up (SU) in their last 6 road games.
- St Johns is 4-5-1 ATS in their last 10 games.
- The over has hit five of their last 10 times St Johns has played.
- St Johns is 4-6 SU in their last 10 games.
Best Sportsbook Offers & Promotions
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline -$1,000 bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to be on college basketball!
Butler vs St Johns Prediction | College Basketball Betting Picks
In the last meeting between these two teams, Butler lost by three points at the Hinkle Fieldhouse. Butler shot better in almost every statistical category. The reason for that loss on February 5th was the lack of free throw opportunities and turnover margin, in which they had 11 to St Johns’ six turnovers. They defended very well, allowing St Johns to shoot 2/16 from the arc (12.5%). This will be a redemption game for the Bulldogs.
Butler is coming off a win at DePaul by two points, even with Butler getting outrebounded and allowing many more second-chance opportunities. They also have a ranked win under their belt, as they beat Marquette in Indianapolis, by six points. St Johns is coming off a win at Cintas Center against Xavier, winning without a doubt. They shot the lights out, to put it lightly, as they shot 54% from the field, 40% from the arc and 83.3% from the line.
The key to victory for Butler will be keeping their recent defensive activity up, limiting Champagnie, and not letting them out-rebound them. For St Johns, the key to victory for them is replicating their defensive effort at Xavier, attacking the basket early and having success from the arc, unlike last outing vs Butler.
Our college basketball Butler vs St Johns Betting prediction will be Butler covering the spread at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, ESPN Matchup Predictor gives St Johns an 88.4% chance to win.