Every Monday, we will be releasing our updated college basketball rankings, with headlines from power conference teams.
- Kansas is still alive in the Big 12 race with a huge win over Kansas State at home to make up for their terrible effort at Texas Tech last week.
- Virginia Tech played a complete game in an upset over Duke at home.
- Villanova got revenge over Marquette, beating them by six at home and splitting the series with the Golden Eagles.
- LSU picked up a solid road win over Alabama, leaving the Crimson Tide firmly on the bubble and in need of a home win over Auburn next week.
- Tennessee got revenge and basically mirrored what Kentucky did to them in Lexington earlier in the season, blowing out the Wildcats 71-52.
- UCF locked their spot in the NCAA Tournament, with a massive road upset over Houston.
- To finish off Week 17, Michigan went to Maryland for a solid ranked road win. I did not see the Wolverines pulling this one off, but all around they played a great game.
- Butler already had a ton of work to do to make the NCAA Tournament, but they added to it with a home loss to Providence, who still has an outside chance.
- Ohio State picked up potentially their best home win of the season, beating Iowa by 20. However, the Buckeyes are in deep trouble if they cannot get star Kaleb Wesson back from suspension, and it showed when Purdue absolutely embarrassed them by 35 points later in the week. In terms of Iowa, they lost two games this week, with their second loss coming at home to Rutgers, which is obviously not going to help their seeding and drop them out of the rankings.
- Indiana grabbed an upset win at home over Wisconsin to get them to .500 on the year and back on the bubble. Then later in the week, the Hoosiers erased a 12-point deficit to come back and complete the sweep of Michigan State on the season.
- Temple and Memphis played a crucial bubble game on Tuesday and Memphis came out on top to move higher on the bubble. In terms of the Owls, they are still right in the middle of the bubble, and they will need to win their next two, including a game at home against UCF.
- Davidson is most likely out of luck when it comes to at-large hopes with a loss to La Salle, so they will need to win the A10 to receive an auto-bid. VCU is the only A10 team, in my eyes, that can still receive an at-large bid.
- Penn State is rolling and they now have home wins over Michigan and Maryland, as they blew out the Terrapins 78-61 in a huge upset.
- Baylor and Texas played in a great game out of the Big 12 on Wednesday that went to overtime, with Baylor winning by just one point. However, Texas got a win that will go a long way in keeping them in the field of 68 come Selection Sunday, beating Iowa State 86-69.
- Louisville is really struggling, and they lost again to Boston College on the road.
- Xavier may be the craziest bubble story of the season, as they have now won five straight, with their most recent win at St Johns. The Musketeers were dead last in the Big East and it seemed like there was no getting out of it, but they now find themselves on at least my bubble.
- It was an awful night for the top three teams in the PAC 12. Oregon State lost to Arizona at home, Arizona State got absolutely obliterated at Oregon, and the worst of them all, Washington was upset by Cal, who was winless in the conference and 5-21 on the season. Then on Sunday, Arizona State went on the road and beat Oregon State to knock the beavers off the bubble.
- Arkansas picked up a huge win at home over Ole Miss. It may seem like the Razorbacks are out of the NCAA Tournament picture, but with two winnable games left at Vandy and home against Alabama, it may not be completely out of reach.
- Florida suffered a terrible loss at home to Georgia, which may keep them out of the NCAA Tournament.
- Auburn grabbed a much-needed win over Mississippi State and got revenge to split the season series with the Bulldogs.
- TCU gave terrible effort at home in a 15-point loss to Texas Tech, which moved the Horned Frogs even closer to the bubble. TCU also lost in triple overtime to West Virginia, which obviously does not help their resume.
- Georgetown held off Seton Hall at home in double overtime in a very important bubble game in the Big East.
- St Johns may be looking at the potential of being on the bubble come Selection Sunday, with two losses this week to Xavier and DePaul.
- Creighton upset Marquette to keep their NCAA Tournament hopes alive, and they did it on the road, which helps even more.
Like Us On Facebook
- Fantasy Football Buy-Lows and NFL Playoff Picture (Ep. 41) November 13, 2018
- You Know Where to Shove It! (Ep. 40) October 30, 2018
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018