Week 1 of the NFL season kicks off with Thursday Night Football on September 9th, with the Dallas Cowboys taking on the Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers. NFL betting odds are heavily favoring the reigning champs, but could the return of Dak Prescott bring the spark Dallas needs to start their season off right?
The following Cowboys vs Buccaneers NFL betting preview will give you the current odds, betting trends and picks for the Week 1 matchup. Return to FlurrySports closer to Week 1 for NFL betting content with official picks!
Cowboys vs Buccaneers Week 1 NFL Betting Preview
NFL Week 1 Thursday Night Football
Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Date: Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021
Time: 8:20 p.m. EST
Venue: Raymond James Stadium — Tampa, FL
Cowboys vs Buccaneers Odds & Spread
Moneyline: DAL: (+285) | TB: (-355)
Spread: DAL: +7.5 (-111) | TB: -7.5 (-108)
Total: 51.5 – Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages via oddsFire: DAL: (31%) | TB: (69%)
Odds to Win Super Bowl LV: DAL: (+2800) | TB: (+650)
Cowboys vs Buccaneers NFL Betting Trends
– Dallas went 5-11 against the spread (ATS) last season.
– The total hit the over in nine of Dallas’ 16 games last season.
– Tampa Bay went 12-8 ATS last season.
– The total hit the over in 11 of Tampa Bay’s 20 games last season.
– Tampa Bay went 6-3 ATS at home last season.
Cowboys vs Buccaneers Stats
– Dallas averaged 24.7 points per game (PPG) last season (No. 17 in the NFL).
– Dallas surrendered 29.6 PPG last season (No. 28 in the NFL).
– Tampa Bay averaged 30.8 PPG last season (No. 2 in the NFL).
– Tampa Bay surrendered 21.6 PPG last season (No. 7 in the NFL).
Cowboys vs Buccaneers Prediction
The Cowboys vs Buccaneers NFL betting prediction uses the NumberFire Picks tool.
Cowboys +7.5: 39.6%
Buccaneers -7.5: 60.4%