Every Monday, we will release our updated college basketball rankings, with headlines from power conference teams.
- Kansas State grabbed a huge road win over TCU, and right now, it is looking like the Wildcats will be a top-6 seed and TCU will be looking at the bubble.
- Texas Tech is sizzling right now and it is perfect timing with the Big 12 tourney coming up. The Red Raiders blew out Texas at home for another great win.
- It is official, the Kansas Jayhawks will not be your Big 12 regular season champs, with their embarrassing blowout loss to Oklahoma.
- In a ranked ACC matchup, Florida State held down their home court in a nice win over Virginia Tech. The Seminoles and Hokies will be the 4 and 5 seeds in the ACC Tournament, so we may see a rematch.
- Auburn completes the sweep of Alabama and leaves the Tide stranded on the bubble desperate for a win.
- UCF is on fire right now heading into the AAC Tournament, and with their win over Cincinnati, they have beat the two best teams in the conference.
- LSU wins the outright SEC regular season title, as Tennessee was unable to beat Auburn on the road in a great game. Also in the SEC, Kentucky took down rival Florida, and Arkansas improved their slim chances and decreased Alabama’s NCAA Tournament chances with a 12 point home win.
- Texas Tech and Kansas State obtain a share of the Big 12 regular season title, as the Red Raiders beat Iowa State away from home and the Wildcats took down Oklahoma.
- North Carolina completes the sweep of Zion-less Duke to grab a share of the regular season ACC title with Virginia. They are playing fantastic basketball, but Duke should have Zion if the two teams meet in the 2/3 ACC matchup next Friday.
- Like North Carolina, Michigan State completes the sweep of rival Michigan to gain a share of the Big Ten regular season title with Purdue.
- In the final ranked regular season matchup of the year, Houston gets back on track and wins the AAC season title over Cincinnati on the road.
- Iowa State is slumping at the wrong time, losing another tough game at West Virginia.
- NC State fell to Georgia Tech and Baylor fell to Oklahoma State. To me, both are still fairly safe for the big dance, but their seeding will go down.
- Like I said last week, Ohio State desperately needed Kaleb Wesson to return from suspension, because without him this team is not NCAA Tournament bound. It showed in losses to Northwestern on the road and Wisconsin at home.
- Seton Hall picks up a fantastic win to help their NCAA Tournament chances, winning at home against Marquette. Then, they locked down their spot with a home win over Villanova.
- Clemson defeats Syracuse, which in my opinion keeps the Tigers fairly comfortable that they will receive a bid on Selection Sunday.
- Providence still maintains their slim NCAA Tournament chances, as they beat and eliminated Butler chances.
- TCU grabs a road win that will go a long way in a bubble talks, beating Texas by 13.
- Based on Big East play, Georgetown should be an NCAA Tournament team, and they improved their chances with an upset of Marquette, but the committee will look at their horrifying non-conference resume, which may or may not keep the Hoyas out.
- Temple grabs the win that the college basketball nation said they needed, beating UCF. I believe Temple will receive a bid if they win a game in the AAC tourney.
- St Johns may be in trouble after it seemed like they were beyond safe two weeks ago. The Red Storm are slumping even more after their loss to Xavier, who is a firm bubble team.