Every Monday, we will be releasing our updated college basketball rankings, with headlines from power conference teams.
- Virginia continued rolling, beating rival Virginia Tech on the road. It feels like they are using getting swept by Duke as motivation.
- Purdue and Indiana played a disastrous offensive game given the talent level, but Purdue pulled it out, winning 48-46.
- Iowa’s heroics came to end at home, as they were unable to come back and beat Maryland in a ranked Big Ten matchup.
- As you may of heard, Zion Williamson “broke his shoe,” which led to a knee injury that kept him out of the rivalry game with North Carolina, minus the first 33 seconds. This game really showed us Zion’s impact, as Duke was blown out at home, losing to the Tarheels by 16. However, Duke got revenge on Syracuse and RJ Barrett had a fantastic game in the absence of Zion Williamson.
- Villanova simply out got outscored and outworked in an upset loss to Georgetown Wednesday night. Then, Xavier used a 17-0 run to hand the Wildcats two losses on the week, putting Marquette in the driver’s seat for the Big East regular season title.
- Cincinnati rallied for another solid home win over UCF. The Bearcats are now gearing up to prove that they can take out Houston at home on the last day of the regular season, but before they do that, they will have a major test at UCF.
- Louisville blew another lead, falling at home to Virginia. The Cardinals have now lost five of their last seven.
- LSU won a gritty game at home over Tennessee without their best player Tremont Waters. LSU is now in contention to win the SEC regular season title.
- Kentucky put on a complete show, blowing out Auburn 80-53.
- North Carolina had no trouble at all with Florida State at home, winning by 18.
- It is really starting to look like the year that Kansas will not win the Big 12 regular season title, as they were absolutely embarrassed in Lubbock by Texas Tech. The Jayhawks 29-point loss to the Red Raiders puts them in third place.
- Michigan State played a stellar defensive game, forcing Michigan to take bad shots in a win over the Wolverines. At one point, Michigan only scored four points over a ten-minute stretch, which was when the Spartans took over.
- TCU is inching their way towards the bubble with a loss to Oklahoma State, who is at the bottom of the Big 12. However, the Horned Frogs made up for their loss by upsetting Iowa State.
- Davidson is now on the wrong side of the bubble with a loss to Dayton at home.
- Nebraska may have fell completely off the bubble with a horrific loss to Penn State by 24.
- Alabama is now in serious jeopardy of not making the NCAA Tournament with a road loss to the SECs worst, Texas A&M, and the Tide do not have Collin Sexton to save them this season.
- Baylor had lost three-of-four after their six-game winning streak, and they now have momentum back after their upset road win over Iowa State.
- In a bizarre ending to a game, Mississippi State was granted an extra free throw to win the game over Georgia because a fan threw a stuffed animal on the court.
- Florida grabbed a massive upset win over LSU, which putsthem in the projected field of 68, as of now.
- Boston College made an incredible comeback to force overtime against NC State, but fell short in a game that was a must-win for the Eagles to have any chance at the NCAA Tournament.
- St. Johns came out flat and could not get anything going in blowout loss to Providence, but they bounced back, beating Seton Hall at home. Seton Hall also lost to Xavier on the week, so they have some work to do to lock down an NCAA Tournament spot.
- The PAC 12 is now officially down to three teams, being Washington, Arizona State and Oregon State, that can receive an at-large bid after Oregon looked absolutely awful at USC.
- Oklahoma, who led the entire game, was able to hold off rival Texas for a big win over the Longhorns.
- Creighton kept their slim chances of making the NCAA Tournament alive, beating Georgetown, who was on the bubble.
- UCF won by the biggest margin in the AAC this season, beating SMU 95-48.
Like Us On Facebook
- Fantasy Football Buy-Lows and NFL Playoff Picture (Ep. 41) November 13, 2018
- You Know Where to Shove It! (Ep. 40) October 30, 2018
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018