Having efficiency in the red zone is often a clear sign of a good team. Offensively, strong NFL stats in the red zone lead to scoring when the opportunity presents itself. Defensively, holding opponents out of the end zone, whether by forcing field goals or turnovers, can fully change the momentum of a game.
Below, we have NFL team red zone stats from the 2021 season. If you’re a stats nerd, you likely already know how to use these stats. If you’re trying to use these NFL stats for fantasy football, there’s a lot to gain from the table below.
First, defenses that allow red zone trips but prevent touchdowns (bend but don’t break) leads to high potential for kickers. Offensively, we’re obviously looking for high-touchdown efficiency, but we also display an offense’s play call tendencies in the red zone as well. Some teams run more often, while others like to spread the defense out and pass.
NFL Stats Key:
- Green means offensive stats, while red is defensive stats.
- Red Zone = Inside the 20-yard line, going towards the end zone.
- RZD = Red Zone Drives
- Score % = Percentage of Red Zone drives ending with a touchdown or made field goal
- TD% = Touchdown Percentage = Red Zone drives resulting in a touchdown
- RZD FGA = Number of Red Zone drives ending in a field goal attempt
- Pass = Number of called pass plays in the Red Zone
- Run = Number of called run plays in the Red Zone
- Opp FGA = Number of opponent’s drives ending in a field goal attempt
2021 NFL Team Red Zone Stats
|wdt_ID||Team||RZD||Score %||TD%||RZ FGA||Pass||Rush||Opp RZD||Opp TD%||Opp FGA|
Underdog Fantasy is a new type of DFS that combines the fun of season-long drafts with daily fantasy sports. Aside from their fun, addictive draft mode, Underdog Fantasy also has pick’em player props for many different sports and athletes!