In a Big Ten college basketball matchup today, the Michigan State Spartans are taking on the Purdue Boilermakers in the Big 10 Tournament Semifinal at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Let’s take a look at the top college basketball betting odds, picks, betting trends and KenPom Rankings, then give our Michigan State vs Purdue prediction for the game today.
Michigan State vs Purdue Game Info
Big Ten Tournament — Semifinal Game
Michigan State Spartans (22-11, 11-9 Big 10) vs. No. 9 Purdue Boilermakers (26-6, 14-6 Big 10)
Date: Saturday, March 12th, 2022
Time: 3:30 PM EST
Venue: Bankers Life Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, IN
Michigan State vs Purdue College Basketball Betting Picks and Odds
Moneyline: MSU: (+245) | Purdue: (-285)
Point Spread: MSU: +6.5 (-110) | Purdue: -6.5 (-110)
Total: 142 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
KenPom Rankings are from KenPom.com
|Michigan State||39||111.2 (41st)||96.3 (53rd)||67.8 (130th)|
|Purdue||14||121.9 (2nd)||99.2 (101st)||66.1 (244th)|
Michigan State vs Purdue College Basketball Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Michigan State’s last 5 games
- Michigan State are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games against Purdue
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Michigan State’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference
- Purdue are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Purdue’s last 8 games.
- Purdue are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games against an opponent in the Big Ten conference.
Best Sportsbook Offers & Promotions
- BetUS – Deposit today to get up to $3,125 in betting bonuses!
- BetOnline – $1,000 Bitcoin bonus on your first deposit!
- Bovada – Get a $250 bonus for one of the most customizable sportsbooks!
- MyBookie – Double your deposit for more to bet on college basketball!
Michigan State vs Purdue Prediction | College Basketball Betting Picks
The Boilermakers are fresh off of an eight-point win against a scrappy Penn State team that was playing its best basketball, while the Spartans took down Johnny Davis and the Wisconsin Badgers, 69-63.
In the previous meeting between these two, Michigan State won outright, 68-65, as four-point underdogs on their home floor. In that meeting, Purdue shot 1-9 from beyond the arc, while Michigan State shot 9-20. Additionally, Zach Edey had a huge game for Purdue, dropping 25 points on 10-15 shooting from the field. So we can chalk up that loss for Purdue to their poor shooting.
They outrebounded Michigan State, 34-24. Stefanovic went 0-3 himself from beyond the arc, and their big man down low had no problem getting what he wanted. Furthermore, Jaden Ivey might get more involved in this game in less of a hostile environment. He only took 10 shots in the first meeting.
It’s hard to sell myself on this Michigan State team. They don’t impress in any categories and should have lost the first meeting between these two teams. In a big revenge spot for the Boilermakers, look for Purdue’s second-ranked KenPom offense to see their shots fall as they advance to the Big Ten Tournament championship game with a double-digit win.
Our college basketball betting Michigan State vs Purdue prediction tonight will be Purdue COVERS at BetUS.
For what it’s worth, the ESPN Matchup Predictor gives Purdue a 77.5% chance to win.