Ryan Garcia will make his return to the ring for the second time this year but this time against a much more formidable opponent in Javier Fortuna. Garcia (22-0, 18 KOs) is regarded as one of the hottest emerging prospects in boxing. The Californian won the interim lightweight title last year but a wrist injury and mental health issues sidelined him for almost 15 months.
Here is what you need to know about Garcia vs Fortuna fight card.
How to watch Garcia vs Fortuna live on TV and Online?
The highly anticipated lightweight bout will be live-streamed on DAZN. The streaming giants will premiere this card in more than 200 countries. Moreover, the cable-cutters can watch the whole fight card on streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV Stick, Android TV, Apple TV, etc.
Here is the link to the streaming service:
Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna preview
Now, the 23-year-old has completed his resurrection and is aiming for a title fight against either Devin Haney (WBC super, WBA, WBO, and IBF world champion) or WBC titlist Gervonta “Tank” Davis later this year. But first, he has to get past Fortuna who doesn’t have the power of Davis but certainly has a few tricks up his sleeve. Garcia has had his issues with southpaws and looking at the caliber of Fortuna, he could prove to be a stern challenge for this Gen Z talent. While Garcia knows he has to be at his absolute best when he faces the veteran southpaw this Saturday.
Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna Fight date, Venue, and ring walk time
- Date: Saturday, July 16
- Time: 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m PT / 1 a.m. BST
- Main event ring walks (approx): 11 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. PT / 4 a.m. BST
The fight will take place at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles.
Main Event Record and Biography
- Nationality: American
- Born: August 8, 1998
- Height: 5′ 10″
- Reach: 70″
- Total fights: 22
- Record: 22-0 with 18 knockouts
- Nationality: Dominican
- Born: December 18, 1990
- Height: 5′ 6 1⁄2″
- Reach: 68 1⁄2″
- Total fights: 43
- Record: 37-3-1, two no-contests with 26 knockouts
Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna Fight Card
- Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna; Super Lightweights
- Alexis Rocha vs Luis Veron; Welterweights
- Lamont Roach Jr. vs Angel Rodriguez; WBA Junior Lightweight eliminator
- Ricardo Sandoval vs David Jimenez; WBA Flyweight eliminator
- Oscar Collazo vs Victorio Saludar; WBA Minimumweight eliminator
- Diego De La Hoya vsEnrique Bernache; Featherweights
- Miguel Gaona vs Jonathan Guzman; Lightweights
Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna Prediction
The Cali-kid will be a -1200 favorite going into this fight with Fortuna +650 underdog. Garcia has the firepower in his hands. He just needs to stay focused and pick his shots at the right moment and stay patient. While Fortuna has nothing to lose and he will be hoping to get the biggest win of his career when he faces ‘Kingry’ this weekend.