It’s time for one of the most anticipated dates in the sporting calendar in the United States, as Selection Day for March Madness is all set to take place today at CBS Studios, New York.
Out of the 68-team field that will be selected for the Men’s NCAA DI Basketball tournament, 32 will automatically qualify regardless of their record via winning respective conference tournaments. Meanwhile, more than half, 36 sides will be manually selected by the NCAA committee in the selection show.
Talking about the selection committee, the men’s basketball selection committee consists of 12 members who are representatives from schools and conferences and Commissioners and athletic directors across the United States.
In the selection show, Greg Gumbel will host from New York, with analysts Clark Kellogg, Jay Wright, and Seth Davis to join. Moreover, NCAA DI Men’s Basketball Committee Chair Chris Reynolds’ live interview will also take place.
Division I Men’s Basketball Selection Show Format:
Following process is used for the selection, seeding, and placement of teams:
- 36 best at-large teams selected
- field of 68 teams seeded
- Placed into the championship bracket
Breaking down the process, four lowest-seeded sides from the automatic qualifiers and four lowest-seeded of the at-large berths will compete against each other in the First Four, a play-in round to determine the final four sides for the first four round of the tournament.
Division I Men’s Basketball Selection Show Start Time:
The Men’s NCAA bracket and field is scheduled to reveal during the selection show at 3:00 pm PT / 6:00 pm ET today.
Division I Men’s Basketball Selection Show Venue:
The Men’s NCAA selection show will take place at ESPN Studios, Bristol, Connecticut.
Division I Men’s Basketball Selection Show Schedule:
The Men’s tournament will kick-off with the First Four on Tuesday, March 14 and conclude on Monday, April 3 with the National Championship. Below is the complete schedule for 2023 Men’s tournament:
March 14 & 15:
* First Four – UD Arena, Dayton, OH
March 16 & 18:
* First/Second Rounds – Legacy Arena, Birmingham
* First/Second Rounds – Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, IA
* First/Second Rounds – Amway Centre, Orlando FL
* First/Second Rounds – Golden 1 Centre, Sacramento, CA
March 17 & 19:
* First/Second Rounds – MVP Arena, Albany, NY
* First/Second Rounds – Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH
* First/Second Rounds – Ball Arena, Denver CO
* First/Second Rounds – Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC
March 23 & 25:
* West Regional – T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV
* East Regional – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
March 24 & 26:
* Midwest Regional – T-Mobile Centre, Kansas City, MO
* South Regional – KFC Yum! Centre, Louisville, KY
April 1 & 3:
* Final Four – NRG Stadium, Houston, TX
How To watch Division I Men’s Basketball Selection Show Live Online:
Fans can watch the Division I Women’s Basketball Selection Show through below mentioned streaming services and TV channels:
* NCAA March Madness Live
* March Madness Live App (iOS and Android)
* fuboTV (free trial)
You must be logged in to post a comment Login