Mid-Season Invitational (MSI), a tournament where the best teams from around the world compete against one another, is coming back for the 2018 season. However, this year, MSI will be getting a new format.
For MSI 2018, 14 teams will participate in the tournament and all teams will be representatives from the 14 League of Legends professional Leagues.
The teams that will be partaking in the tournament are the ones who are the finalists from the Spring Split. The regions that will participate in MSI 2018 are:
- Brazil (CBLOL)
- China (LPL)
- Commonwealth of Independent States (LCL)
- Europe (EU LCS)
- Japan (LJL)
- Korea (LCK)
- Latin America – North (LLN)
- Latin America – South (CLS)
- North America (NA LCS)
- Oceania (OPL)
- Southeast Asia (GPL)
- Vietnam (VCS)
- Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau (LMS)
- Turkey (TCL)
Format for Games
For this year’s seeding, Riot Games will be using the results from the previous two MSI tournments and Worlds. Now that Vietnam is a new region, there will be 14 teams playing in the tournament. The play-in stage will continue to have ten teams, resulting in four teams starting in the group stage.
The top two teams from the Play-In stage will advance to the Play-In Knockout round to play a Best of five against LMS or VN. The two winners from those games will then advance to the Group Stage to face off the top four teams from previous MSI’s.
For more information about MSI 2018, read about it here.
Like Us On Facebook
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018
- Week 4 Add/Drops and Which Teams Are Good? (Ep. 38) September 24, 2018
- Jeff Gordon to the Patriots and Aaron Rodgers is a Nerd (Ep. 37) September 18, 2018