Welcome to March…and welcome to MADNESS! We have officially flipped the calendar and this means that the NCAA men’s basketball championship tournament, known more popularly as March Madness, is just weeks away. The entire 68-team field will come into focus by way of conference tournament winners, bubble teams getting that resume-boosting win, and powerhouses jockeying for the best seeding position possible.
Whether you are among those just tuning into college basketball in anticipation of the bracket, or you have been following along ever since the season tipped off nearly four months ago, this resource piece is for you! 353 teams across 32 different conferences can be a lot to keep track of, so I have put together a four-volume piece with each volume containing a full breakdown of eight different conferences.
The conferences are ordered alphabetically across the four volumes. Here are the conferences you will find in each:
- Volume I: America East, American Athletic, Atlantic 10, Atlantic Coast, Atlantic Sun, Big 12, Big East, Big Sky
- Volume II: Big South, Big Ten, Big West, Colonial Athletic, Conference USA, Horizon League, Ivy League, Metro Atlantic Athletic
- Volume III: Mid-American, Mid-Eastern Athletic, Missouri Valley, Mountain West, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Pacific 12, Patriot League
- Volume IV: Southeastern, Southern, Southland, Southwestern Athletic, Summit, Sun Belt, West Coast, Western Athletic
In each volume, you will find the teams of the respective eight conferences listed with their current conference record, their overall season record, and each team’s current seeding for their respective conference tournament. I have broken down the parameters of each conference’s tournament, including the dates of play, tournament location, what byes (if any) exist, and even last year’s winner that got an automatic bid into March Madness as a result. You will then find a full bracket breakdown of each conference tournament. This will give a visual representation of who, when, and in some cases, where each team will be playing based on the conference standings.
Of course, with games happening every day between now and Selection Sunday on March 17th, records, standings, and tournament brackets will be changing and filling in. I will be updating each table and bracket after gameplay concludes each day to continue providing an up-to-date picture of the scenarios playing out in all 32 conferences. Treat them not necessarily as read-through pieces, but as resources that you can refer back to at any point to see how each conference race is shaping up and, perhaps, how a specific team actually got to the dance when you are filling out your bracket three weeks from now.
Whether you are wondering about a Big Ten bubble team or who will represent the Summit League in the big dance, I’ve got you covered! I hope you find this resource both interesting and useful. Nothing gets me excited quite like March Madness, and I had a blast putting it together and certainly will enjoy watching it evolve as more results come in. Stay tuned for plenty more college basketball and March Madness content and analysis right here at FlurrySports!
Like Us On Facebook
- Fantasy Football Buy-Lows and NFL Playoff Picture (Ep. 41) November 13, 2018
- You Know Where to Shove It! (Ep. 40) October 30, 2018
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018