Elmer Layden was the first commissioner of the NFL, but that’s not where he received his fame and notariotry. He was part of one of the most famous backfields in college football history. Layden was the fullback for the famed Four Horsemen of Notre Dame. He then moved into a successful coaching career before being plucked by the NFL to assume supreme commander responsibilities as the first commissioner. Hop on the DeLorean in this week’s episode to learn more about Elmer Layden and the mark he put on the NFL en route to the upcoming 100th season.
Connect With The Show
- Visit the show notes for this episode
- Visit me on the web – my about page
- Contact the show
- Follow me on Twitter
- Subscribe for free to the podcast
- Subscribe for free on YouTube
5 Related Episodes
Are you interested in sharing your favorite football moment on the show? This is your chance to share your story with all my listeners.
Like Us On Facebook
- Fantasy Football Buy-Lows and NFL Playoff Picture (Ep. 41) November 13, 2018
- You Know Where to Shove It! (Ep. 40) October 30, 2018
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018