Every Monday, we will be releasing our updated college basketball rankings, with headlines from power conference teams.
- On a Monday of upsets to start Week 11, Indiana’s struggles continued, as they were upset by Nebraska at home, Florida State was upset by an improved Pitt team, and #1 Duke went down to Syracuse in a stunner. Also on Monday, ranked teams Maryland and Kansas both survived upsets at home, as Maryland beat Wisconsin and Kansas beat Texas.
- NC State suffered a tough upset to Wake Forest, who is the worst team in the ACC.
- Ole Miss’s hot streak and breakout comes to a close and another team out of the SEC breaks out, as LSU upsets the Rebels on the road. LSU won six straight since losing to Houston. However, Ole Miss regained their momentum, as they were able to dominate a solid Arkansas team, winning by 17.
- Kansas State is hot right now with the return of Dean Wade, and they added to it by beating ranked Oklahoma on the road and TCU at home.
- Michigan State picks up another road win over Nebraska to add to their already fantastic road wins over Florida and Ohio State.
- Michigan and Virginia both fall on the same day, being the last undefeated teams to fall. Michigan played a tough road game at Wisconsin and they shot just 27% from three in the loss, which is not good for a Wolverines team that favors the three ball. Virginia also lost on the road in a fantastic game at Duke.
- Kansas loses a road game in West Virginia, which may hurt their one seed chances come March, but Texas Tech also lost a bad road game to Baylor, leaving a four way tie in the Big 12 for first.
- Purdue defeats their rival Indiana pretty soundly for another great win for the Boilermakers.
- Kentucky goes on the road and outlasts Auburn in what I believe was the game of the week. Auburn had a chance to win the game at the buzzer, but the shot did not fall.
- In a shocker to end Week 11 on Sunday, Boston College erases a 10-point halftime deficit using a zone defense to upset Florida State, who should drop out of rankings around the country.
- Davidson gives up the top spot in the A10 with a devastating loss to St. Joes. St. Louis is now on top.
- VCU wins the best rivalry in the A10, beating Dayton and staying in the hunt in the conference.
- DePaul had momentum and they were almost starting to look like a tournament team, but some hope was lost when they lost to Butler at home by 18.
- In a really weird Big Ten game, the worst team, Illinois, absolutely dismantles a very good Minnesota team, winning by 27.
- Iowa State gets back on track with a huge road upset over Texas Tech.
- UCF loses a trap game in a tough place to play, at Wichita State. The Knights still only have three losses. In UCF’s bounce back game, they were able to hold off Tulsa, likely eliminating the Golden Hurricane from NCAA Tournament contention.
- Oregon shakes up the PAC 12 once again by beating Arizona, which leaves Washington on top in the league, as they blew out Stanford. Also in the PAC 12, Arizona State survived at home and ended a very good Oregon State team’s hot streak. Then on Saturday, the winners and losers of the two games above played each other. In the game between the winners, Arizona State easily handled Oregon, and in the losers game, Arizona was able to hold off Oregon State at home.
- Temple, who I had inside my tournament field, suffered a loss that will hurt their chances juristically, falling to Penn on their home court.
- Texas was able to end their three-game losing streak by beating Oklahoma, who had a rough week.
- Seton Hall has lost four of their last five, including two losses to DePaul, with one coming Saturday night.
We are giving away a SIGNED AARON DONALD JERSEY, courtesy of @PristineAuction! Rules below 👇
— FlurrySports (@FlurrySports) January 17, 2019
Like Us On Facebook
- Fantasy Football Buy-Lows and NFL Playoff Picture (Ep. 41) November 13, 2018
- You Know Where to Shove It! (Ep. 40) October 30, 2018
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018