Every Monday, we release our updated top-25 teams in the country, along with headlines from power conference teams.
Top 25 Headlines
- Villanova goes back to how they began the season, by being upset by Penn. Then, #1 Kansas defeats Villanova in a game that the Wildcats looked much better in, but they still fall out of the top-25 for the second time this season.
- Houston remains undefeated, after a great home win over LSU. The Tigers bounced back later in the week with a win on the road over St. Mary’s.
- Ohio State trailed Bucknell the majority of the game, but they escaped with a two-point win.
- North Carolina looked like a different team, as the offense finally got rolling to help the Tarheels beat Gonzaga 103-90.
- Mississippi State is starting to look like the team that belongs in the top-5 in the SEC. The Bulldogs were able to beat a hot Cincinnati team by 11.
- Louisville was able to hold off Lipscomb by four, who is one of the best mid-major teams in the country.
- Temple outlasts a solid UMass team in a gutty game to further prove that they are a tournament team as of now, and they added to it later in the week by beating Davidson in overtime, who is the best team in the A10.
- Syracuse is upset by Old Dominion in the Carrier Dome for a loss that will set them back, as conference play approaches.
- Purdue receives their fifth loss of the season at the hands of Notre Dame, which is a great win for the Fighting Irish.
- NC State looks fantastic on the road, as they took down Penn State with ease.
- The PAC 12 had an awful Saturday, as UCLA was upset by Belmont, Utah got blown out by Kentucky, Washington lost at home to Virginia Tech, USC fell to Oklahoma, Oregon State lost to Texas A&M, Arizona fell to Baylor and Arizona State needed a massive comeback to beat Georgia, who is at the bottom of the SEC.
- Rhode Island finally got a quality win and West Virginia suffered another loss, leaving them firmly outside of the projected NCAA Tournament field with league play coming up in a tough conference.
- Tulsa controls the game from start to finish in a win over Dayton, taking the Flyers off my projected bubble and quite possibly moving the Golden Hurricane onto the bubble.
- Nebraska embarrasses Oklahoma State in Stillwater to end the sixth week. The Cowboys are easily the worst team in the Big 12 right now.
Like Us On Facebook
- Fantasy Football Buy-Lows and NFL Playoff Picture (Ep. 41) November 13, 2018
- You Know Where to Shove It! (Ep. 40) October 30, 2018
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018