Wednesday’s throughout the season we will be posting our Mid-Major Top-25, highlighting the 25 best non-power conference teams, along with some mid-major notes.
Mid-Major Top 25
|21||South Dakota State|
|24||New Mexico State|
- Wofford goes on the road and upsets South Carolina by 20 for a great win.
- Murray State suffers their first loss of the year in a tough six-point loss to Alabama. Ja Morant scored 38 for the Racers. He is now projected to be a lottery pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.
- In the Elite 8 rematch, Nevada goes into Loyola Chicago’s gym and gets revenge off of a solid performance from the Martin Twins, who both scored over 20 points.
- Radford upsets Texas in Austin for their second upset win of the year, after they beat Notre Dame. Coming off their win over the Longhorns, Radford had a “let down” game, as they lost at James Madison, which is a very tough place to play.
- San Fran blows out SF Austin, and Buffalo easily beats Milwaukee in the Belfast Classic. In the championship game, Buffalo holds off a very good San Fran team in Ireland to take home the Belfast title.
- Marshall does not look like the team that upset Wichita State in March Madness right now, as they gave up 101 points to rival Ohio in a 17-point loss. However, I still believe in Marshall to be one of the favorites in the Conference USA.
- Abilene Christian is undefeated no longer, as they lost to Pepperdine.
- BYU drops a tough game to Weber State, in a very high scoring affair.
- Utah State makes another very impressive statement dominating the Big West favorites UC Irvine by 24 points.
- Furman needed double overtime to beat Western Carolina, which is concerning, but they ended up being ranked in the AP Top-25.
- Loyola Marymount loses their first game of the season, getting blown out by UCLA.
- Penn holds down The Palestra, as they absolutely pick Miami apart in an upset win.
- Georgia State overcomes a 22-point deficit in the second half and hit a walk off three-pointer to steal an upset over Alabama.
- New Mexico State owns the state of New Mexico in basketball, as they beat New Mexico 100-65.
- Belmont beats Lipscomb for the second time this season, and those two losses are Lipscomb’s only losses on their tough non-conference schedule.
Like Us On Facebook
- Fantasy Football Buy-Lows and NFL Playoff Picture (Ep. 41) November 13, 2018
- You Know Where to Shove It! (Ep. 40) October 30, 2018
- WE Are NOT With the Cowboys...and Other NFL Talk (Ep. 39) October 15, 2018